Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Family Stories

Post subject: lost relatives
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:21 pm 

Looking for relatives ....mother was born in NF elizabeth mary clarke...her mother Bridget Clark died shortly after childbirth of my mother and my mother was raised in Belvedere orphanage around 1914....looking for any pics or info about her....thanks

Post subject: Re: lost relatives
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:26 pm 

Hello,
(and sorry if I`m duplicating info you already have)

Being curious (nosy?), I did a quick search for Belvedore. Only item of interest to come up is the following; it’s old info, but may still be relevant. It’s from this web link: http:// archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/NFLD-LAB/2005-02/1107453875

From: Karen Dahle / Subject: Update on Belvedere Orphanage / Date: 3 Feb 2005
“Just wanted to give those interested in The Belvedere Orphanage Records an update on the situation. There are two options available to you although given the fact that the files are with the RNC I think that would be your best bet.
I spoke with a contact with the Royal Newfoundland Constabulary and was advised that anyone requesting info on their Belevedere Orphanage file should contact the person listed below. Please be patient. It doesn’t happen overnite.
Chief Richard Deering, Royal Newfoundland Constabulary, 1 Fort Townshend St. Johns, NL A1C 2G2
OR
I also spoke with a contact at the R.C. Cathedral and was told that Belvedere Orphanage was owned and operated by the Sisters of Mercy and any surviving records would be with that archives.
You would have to contact:
Sisters of Mercy Generalate, Waterford Bridge Road, P.O. Box 1757 St. John's, NL A1C 5P5
709-726-7320
Good Luck......................Karen”

Board index » Genealogy » Family Stories