Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...

Post subject: Seeking information re Flying Officer Frederick John Reid RAFVR!
 Post Posted: Thu May 20, 2010 1:20 pm 

Hello, I am currently researching for information about Flying Officer Frederick John Reid, Pilot RAFVR, 125 Newfoundland Squadron. I am aware that F/O Reid was a citizen of Hearts Delight, Trinity Bay, prior to the outbreak of the Second World War. Unfortunately this Officer lost his life in a mid-air collision over the Irish Sea, UK, on 17 March 1944. I am aware that he was the son of Frederick Ellis Reid and Hilda K. Reid of Hearts Delight, Trinity Bay.

I would be grateful for any assistance you could offer re any background information relating to this Officer. I would also like to invite contact with any of his family or friends still living in the area. I have been trying for sometime now to locate a photograph of him or indeed a newspaper obituary.

I would be grateful for any help you could offer.Thank you.

Gary

Post subject: Re: Seeking information re Flying Officer Frederick John Reid RAFVR!
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:56 pm 

Gary,
There is a book entitled "The History of Heart's Delight-Islington" which has a picture of Jack Reid in his RAF Uniform (page 107). This book, altho an old publication, may still be available at the Town Hall, Heart's Delight. The phone number is 709-588-2708.
I do have some genealogical history on this family. What type of info are you looking for?
SJSCHC

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...