Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...

Post subject: Who was Albert William Banfield's Wife?
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:45 pm 

Hi, I am Looking for Information on a Cousin of mine named Albert William (or simply W) Banfield, he was born in 1893 in Bay L'Argent, Burin. He Got married sometime before or during the early years of WW1 (1914-1915), Albert's Regiment Files are available under 'Albert W Banfield, Regt #1687' but it doesn't mention his 1st Wife, Apparently Albert tried to Cheat/Marry another woman while overseas however I cannot find the name of his first wife who lived in Bell Island while Albert was Overseas. I am unable to also find his second wife as most likely he got divorced and remarried and lived in Belleoram until his death in Belleoram in 1975 where he is buried in the Saint Lawrence Anglican Cemetery. If anyone knows any information about him or his wives a response would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Who was Albert William Banfield's Wife?
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:25 pm 

Greetings Robert,

I located a marriage between Albert Banfield (22) and Julia Smith (19) that took place on 5 October 1915 at St. Mary's, Southside, St. John's. He was listed as being a soldier. They were both Church of England and residing in St. John's. They were married by Rev. H. Uphill and the witnesses were John Bellows and L. James. I hope this information helps in furthering your research.

Yours in genealogy,
Mark

Post subject: Re: Who was Albert William Banfield's Wife?
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:15 pm 

Looking at the Military record, it says he was married in Ayr on Aug 23 1916 to a Miss Isabel Russell, who he had a child with in 1918.

The brides father is Robert Russell in one of the notes.

https://www.therooms.ca/sites/default/f ... 1687_1.pdf

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...