Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...

Post subject: Edward W. Vere Holloway's grave
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:51 am 

I've been looking for members of the Vere Holloway's Gravr sites. I've found all but one and that belongs to Edward Walter Vere Holloway, he was born in Madras India around 1864? He left for Britain sometime after words then moved to Nova Scotia where he had 3 Sons (Percy, Henry, George). Henry, Percy, and Edward moved to St. John's sometime in early 1900's, George stayed in Nova Scotia.
During WW1 Henry and Percy enlisted in the Newfoundland Regiment and fought at Gallipoli (Percy) and The Somme, Ypres, and Monchy-Le-Preux (Henry). Edward joined the Homefront Newfoundland army and the Legion of Frontiersmen. He became Captain/1st in command of both. George joined the Canadian Army. George is buried on Forest Road, Percy at Anglican Cemetery and Henry at Mount Plesant. I am unable to find Edward's grave anywhere. If you have seen it or know where, please reply.

Post subject: Re: Edward W. Vere Holloway's grave
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:33 pm 

If he's the one that died in 1934, I think this may be the one you are looking for:

St. John's Anglican Church, Forest Rd, Burial register shows he was buried in Section D, Row XIX, No. 50. Here's the link to the Ancestry page where I found it.
https://www.ancestry.ca/mediaui-viewer/ ... fcd6199d3a

Are you familiar with the Holloway Family site? https://sites.google.com/site/thehollowayancestry/home

Good luck!
Natalie
(Walter Vere-Holloway, Edward's grandson, was my uncle by marriage)

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...