Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...

Post subject: Martin Griffin 1861 - 1911 (Hr. Grace & Carbonear)
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:03 pm 

Hi, I'm looking for information on my 3x Great Grandfather, Martin Griffin who was born in 1861 in Harbour Grace. He was the son of John Griffin who was also from Harbour Grace. Martin married an Alice Kennedy who was born in 1865. The two were Roman Catholic so I can't find any information on their births, as the earliest records in Harbour Grace are from 1866.

Martin and Alice moved to Carbonear and settled in a place now known as Griffin's Garden on the northwest side of town. They had 5 or 6 children. I know for sure of Mary, Elizabeth, John, Peter, and James; there may have been a Mary Ellen but I believe she was a servant who was related to mother Alice. Martin died in 1911.

So my main issue is I'm not sure on exactly who Martin's parents or siblings were. I know for sure his father was a John Griffin Jr. and his was father was John Griffin Sr. I know that one of these John's may have been married to a Mary.
I also don't know anything about Martin's wife Alice Kennedy.

I would like to be able to get as much information as possible and anything helps!
Thanks in advance!

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...