Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...

Post subject: HARTRY (HARTERY) from Harbour Grace / Portugal Cove
 Post Posted: Sun May 23, 2021 9:57 am 

Hi all! My maternal 3x great-gf (John HARTY / HARTERY) was born c Dec 1853, Harbour Grace (possibly Portugal Cove, South) and died in May 1895, Halifax, NS. I can see records of his marriage, kids births, his death (in NS) - but I can NOT find any info to confirm his siblings (ie. birth / marriage / death / obits, etc) - so frustrating lol.

I'm in NS so have to rely on online info - but as a starting point at least, I'd love to confirm if John's parents were Michael Francis and Ellen (ESMOND/EASTMAN) HARTRY - all from Portugal Cove South I believe.

Siblings were: Thomas, * then John *, Bridget, Elizabeth, Richard, Patrick, Michael and Margaret. ANY suggestions, tips, etc. would be appreciated :)

Cheers, Chris

Post subject: Re: HARTRY (HARTERY) from Harbour Grace / Portugal Cove
 Post Posted: Tue May 25, 2021 6:29 pm 
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

The Roman Catholic baptismal registers for Harbour Grace suggest your branch of the Hartery family resided in that community. The Harterys have resided in Harbour Grace since the 1700s. See: http://sites.rootsweb.com/~cannf/cbn_hgrcb1885-89.htm"

Post subject: Re: HARTRY (HARTERY) from Harbour Grace / Portugal Cove
 Post Posted: Thu May 27, 2021 8:59 am 

Edward wrote:
The Roman Catholic baptismal registers for Harbour Grace suggest your branch of the Hartery family resided in that community. The Harterys have resided in Harbour Grace since the 1700s. See: http://sites.rootsweb.com/~cannf/cbn_hgrcb1885-89.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"

Yes, for later years, that's perfect - but trying to confirm info on my 3xggrandfather's siblings, so born earlier :) Cheers!

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...