Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...

Post subject: Warren of Burin/Grand Bank
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:49 pm 

My Grandfathers name is Lovell Wilson Warren (1896-1979) born in Grand Bank. His father was William Thornhill Warren (1871-1910ish) and mother was Effie Emily Price (1872-1954) both born in Burin and married in Grand Bank in 1893. My great great grandfather was Aaron Warren (1842-1899) born in Symondsbury, County Devon, England and arrived in Newfoundland pre-1866 as part of the fishing expeditions from England at that time, his wife was Ann Thornhill ((1843-1910) of Grand Bank and they were married in 1866 in Grand Bank.

My question is as follows:
I can find no record of the death of William Thornhill Warren in any of the Newfoundland records. However I have found Effie Warren in Lunenberg Nova Scotia in the 1911 Canadian census and family lore says that she moved there after her husbands death by drowning in Newfoundland. I would really appreciate any information anyone would have regarding the circumstances and time of William Thornhill Warrens death or of Effie Emily Warrens leaving for Nova Scotia. Thank you.

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...