Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...

Post subject: Birth Record for George Taylor son of Charles Taylor and Ann
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:10 am 

Greetings everyone. I am trying to prove the relationship of Thomas Taylor [1838-1904] of Burgeo to James and Ann Taylor of Grand Bruit. There is no birth record for Thomas so I am trying to use my DNA matches on Ancestry to prove the relationship. I have a matching lineage through their son Charles born Nov 23, 1843 at Red Island. The documentation is solid except for a missing birth record for George Taylor, son of Charles Taylor and Ann Pike. Charles married Hannah Neil in Oct 1900 at Frenchman's Cove. The 1921 Census states that George was born in March 1878 at La Poile Bay. In 1935 Charles and Hannah were living in North Bay La Poile with his age indicating again that he was born in 1878. I have not found them yet in the 1945 census. Other folks on Ancestry are using 1963 as the death year for George, but it is not documented. The family is Methodist/United Church which makes finding records a little more challenging. I need to find any document that establishes the father/son relationship between Charles and George. Birth/Baptism record, family bible entry, or a will would do it. Thanks for any documents you can point me toward.

with warmest regards and best wishes for a happier 2021,
Anne MacLeod

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...