Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...

Post subject: HODDINOTT, George b.circa 1830's married to Keziah ANSTEY, EXPLOITS
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:08 am 

Hi,
Does anyone have any info on George Hoddinott born circa 1830+/- ? He was married to Keziah Anstey ~1859 in Exploits/Exploits Island, NL. I have searched Chebucto records but have found that most records for that time frame were unfortunately destroyed by fire. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have decendants & ancestors of Anstey, need ancestors of George.
Thanks paula

Post subject: Re: HODDINOTT, George b.circa 1830's married to Keziah ANSTEY, EXPLOITS
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:40 pm 

I believe the Hoddinott's you are looking for may be from Seldom Come By, Fogo Island. Do you have siblings of George? George is a common name in the Hoddinott family. Also, the variation on the spelling of this surname is numerous.

I have a John Hoddinott (bc 1830) md Elizabeth Burt and a James Hoddinott(bc 1828) md a Susannah Holmes - both are from Seldom Come By, Fogo Island, Notre Dame Bay.

Post subject: Re: HODDINOTT, George b.circa 1830's married to Keziah ANSTEY, EXPLOITS
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:00 pm 
Expert Member
Expert Member

Thomas Hoddinott is listed as a fisherman at Exploits Burnt Island in 1844. Thomas Hoddinott could be the father of George Hoddinott. Please note that George Hoddinott named his first son Thomas Hoddinott.

"Thomas Hoddinott - Exploits Burnt Island - 1844".

Post Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:18 am 

Thank you Milt , I did see that. I'm just having a problem verifying with actual dates/links.
paula

Post Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:21 am 

Hi Daisy, I think there are several branches of Hoddinott's in Nfld. I can't confirm George's siblings because of the loss of records. Most of my line is from Exploits. Thank you.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:49 pm 

I have a George Hoddinott who married Keziah Anstey Oct 29, 1859. A son ,Thomas Hoddinott, was born to George Hoddinott (from a previous marriage),Dec 29, 1842. Thomas married Deborah Budgell, daughter of William Budgell and Sarah Wells. William later married Martha Manuel and then Keziah Anstey (mentioned above). Thomas and Deborah were my ggparents.

F Anstey

Post Posted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:20 pm 

Sorry, my previous post was much in error! George Hoddinott is marry Keziah Anstey Oct 29, 1859. Son Thomas was born May 21, 1862. Thomas married Deborah Budgell, daughter of William Budgell and Sarah Ann Wells. William later married Martha Manuel and then Keziah Hoddinott (nee Anstey). Thomas and Deborah were my great grandparents.

F. Anstey

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...