Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...

Post subject: Birth date of George Vater born abt 1826 of Otterbury,Carbonear area of Newfoundland
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:37 pm 

I am looking for the birth date of my great, great grandfather George Vater born abt. 1826 in Otterbury, Carbonear area of NL who married Mary Jane King Born ABT 1830. I believe she went by her second name Jane. (Marriage re:P58-4 271 CBN Blackhead Marriage Records page 2 of 24 and witnessed by John King and Joshua King). George Vater's parents were James Vater and Francis nee Kirby. I have the birth dates of some of George's siblings but for years cannot find his birth certificate. Any other information re George or Mary Jane would be greatly appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Birth date of George Vater born abt 1826 of Otterbury,Carbonear area of Newfoundland
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:32 am 

Would you know if James Vater & Francis Kirby had a daughter Jane who married Henry Parsons from Otterbury? I have Jane's Birth Date as 1832 & she died in 1884 in Silver Point Nfld.

Post subject: Re: Birth date of George Vater born abt 1826 of Otterbury,Carbonear area of Newfoundland
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:58 pm 

Hi,

Yes, I have Jane daughter of James Vater & Francis Kirby. I have her born on January 24, 1829 in Otterbury and she married Henry Parsons. I do have some of her children but not alot of information regarding their marriages, families etc. I have Jane & Henry Parsons children as: William, John, Mary Ann, Sarah Jane and Martha

I would appreciate any information regarding Jane's family, where they lived and anything else you are willing to share.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:02 pm 

I have Henry Parsons married Jane Vater Jan 7,1854 Carbonear. Children of Henry & Jane are William, Elfreda, Simeon, Mary Ann, Sarah Jane, Martha Elizabeth, John, Henry, & Emily.
William Parsons married Mary Jane Taylor Ashe on Mar 13,1883 in Bonne Bay. This is my G grandparents. Children of William & Mary Jane are Samuel Vates, Martha elizabeth, Taylor Ezekiel, Henry Richard, Eva Evangeline, George William,Pearl, Lavinia, Amelia, Emily Diane & Ella Maud. Samuel Vates Parsons My Grandfather married Julia Ann Barnes in Trout River Newfoundland. I have more info I would like your email address & I will send it to you.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:40 pm 

Hi.
Will do and thanks so much.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:38 pm 

Hello

I have a Robert Vaters who was born about 1826 in Otterbury (Freshwater), Conception Bay, Newfoundland. His death is unknown. He was married to Elizabeth King on 5 June 1858 in Carbonear. She was born on 5 June 1838. They had seven children: Elijah b. 1858 Perry's Cove
Joseph b. 1865 in Otterbury
John b. 1868 in Otterbury
Emma b. 1871 in Otterburty
Susanna Wesley b. 1880 in Otterbury
Jehosophat b. 1861 in Otterbury
Moses b. 1871 in Victoria

I am related to Elijah Vaters who married Mary Ann Marshall.

Is it is possible that George and Robert may be brothers?

Post Posted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:48 pm 

I am still doing research on the Vater & Parsons side of my family, but so far the children I have for James Vater & Francis Kirby are Jane 1829 Otterbury who married Henry Parsons,
John 1834 Otterbury, Joseph 1837 Otterbury, James & Elizabeth (twins) July 18,1839 Otterbury. When Jane Vater married Henry Parsons one of the witnesses was George Vater, not sure if this is her brother. Henry Parsons that married Jane Vater I have his father as Henry Parsons also who married a Mary King on Nov 15,1823 on the marriage record for them he was from Otterbury & she was from Perry's Cove. I'm not sure where Perry's Cove is located. Just wondering if Mary could be related to your King?

Post Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:15 pm 

Just a bit of Vater info I had..may not be of any use but I thought I would pass it along. The reason I even investigated was because at my Great Grand fathers wake there were a few Vaters that attended. In addition on a ship record my Great aunt went to visit a cousin Mrs Vater around the Boston area.
Along with Dorothy Vater, there was also Annie Vater, Mr & Mrs Calarence Vater and Mr & Mrs JT Vater at my Grandfathers wake.(so they were in Massachustts in 1930)

1930 cencus
Harry Vater 25 I believe this Harry Vater above is the son of William Vater born abt. 1877 & Sophia Vater,
Evelyn V Vater 23
William M Vater 3 7/12
Dorothy B Vater 1 9/12
Absalom Vater brother of Harry

Clarence Vater US SS application:
Clarence Vater was b July 9 1910 in mass. to Henry Vater (b. Pouch Cove NFLD abt 1881)) and Elizabeth Penny(b.? NFLD abt 1886)
Henry Vater immigrated abt 1903
Elizabeth Penny immigrated abt 1902
married abt 1907
Clarence Vater wife is listed as Annie Ryan
hope it is useful to someone...Deb

Post Posted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:04 pm 

Rockpiper wrote:
Hello

I have a Robert Vaters who was born about 1826 in Otterbury (Freshwater), Conception Bay, Newfoundland. His death is unknown. He was married to Elizabeth King on 5 June 1858 in Carbonear. She was born on 5 June 1838. They had seven children: Elijah b. 1858 Perry's Cove
Joseph b. 1865 in Otterbury
John b. 1868 in Otterbury
Emma b. 1871 in Otterburty
Susanna Wesley b. 1880 in Otterbury
Jehosophat b. 1861 in Otterbury
Moses b. 1871 in Victoria

I am related to Elijah Vaters who married Mary Ann Marshall.

Is it is possible that George and Robert may be brothers?

:) Yes, George and Robert Vater's are brothers according to all my research.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:09 pm 

rbrake wrote:
I am still doing research on the Vater & Parsons side of my family, but so far the children I have for James Vater & Francis Kirby are Jane 1829 Otterbury who married Henry Parsons,
John 1834 Otterbury, Joseph 1837 Otterbury, James & Elizabeth (twins) July 18,1839 Otterbury. When Jane Vater married Henry Parsons one of the witnesses was George Vater, not sure if this is her brother. Henry Parsons that married Jane Vater I have his father as Henry Parsons also who married a Mary King on Nov 15,1823 on the marriage record for them he was from Otterbury & she was from Perry's Cove. I'm not sure where Perry's Cove is located. Just wondering if Mary could be related to your King?

;) I would say it is a great possibly that George Vater who witnessed their marriage would be Jane's brother who in turn is my great, great grandfather.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:52 pm 

debf1 wrote:
Just a bit of Vater info I had..may not be of any use but I thought I would pass it along. The reason I even investigated was because at my Great Grand fathers wake there were a few Vaters that attended. In addition on a ship record my Great aunt went to visit a cousin Mrs Vater around the Boston area.
Along with Dorothy Vater, there was also Annie Vater, Mr & Mrs Calarence Vater and Mr & Mrs JT Vater at my Grandfathers wake.(so they were in Massachustts in 1930)

1930 cencus
Harry Vater 25 I believe this Harry Vater above is the son of William Vater born abt. 1877 & Sophia Vater,
Evelyn V Vater 23
William M Vater 3 7/12
Dorothy B Vater 1 9/12
Absalom Vater brother of Harry

Clarence Vater US SS application:
Clarence Vater was b July 9 1910 in mass. to Henry Vater (b. Pouch Cove NFLD abt 1881)) and Elizabeth Penny(b.? NFLD abt 1886)
Henry Vater immigrated abt 1903
Elizabeth Penny immigrated abt 1902
married abt 1907
Clarence Vater wife is listed as Annie Ryan
hope it is useful to someone...Deb

:) Deb, All information is important and can help alot of other researchers and thanks so much for posting it. I believe William Vater who married Sophie & Henry Vater who married Elizabeth above are the brothers of my grandfather Francis Vater.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:12 pm 

my records indicate that Jane Vaters married Henry Vaters Jan 27th 1854 in Carbonear and her sister Rachael married Henry's brother John Dec. 14 1856. Rev. Shenstone officiated and standing were Jos.Parsons/RobertaVaters Rachael was my gg grandmother. I have a record of 4 children. Also my records show that besides Rachael and Jane, their siblings were Thomas, Robert, George, Mary, John, Joseph, James, Elizabeth and Roberta (but the last two could have been neices)

Post Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:58 pm 

pouchienl wrote:
rbrake wrote:

;) I would say it is a great possibly that George Vater who witnessed their marriage would be Jane's brother who in turn is my great, great grandfather.

Perry's Cove is next to Salmon Cove and near what used to be Otterbury. You would be related to me as James Vaters and Francis Kirby were my gggg grandparents via Rachael Vaters theri daughter and Jane adn George's sibling.

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...