Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...

Post subject: Need long lost Russell Family from Bonavaista Info Help!!
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:45 pm 

Hi everyone...
I am needing some info about Russells from Bonavista area...My great grandfather George Russell was placed in an orphanage along with siblings he only met shortly before he died. He was adopted by Firmages from Wareham Bonavista Bay. My family doesn't have much info about our bloodline the Russell's. I know that my great grandfathers parents were Jemima Stickley and Edward Russell from Catalina. Jemima passed on when she was only 34. As my grandmother, Emma Firmage, George's daughter is getting older she would like to find and/or know some of the family line.
Thanks so much!
-Chantel

Post subject: Re: Need long lost Russell Family from Bonavaista Info Help!!
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:18 am 

Chantel,
I found the following information here on the NGB website. There is more info about the STICKLEY family so this is just a start for you.

Jemima STICKLEY
baptized 04 January 1885
at Catalina, St Peters Anglican Church
Parents: Stephen STICKLEY and Johanna HUMBY

Stephen STICKLEY (widower, age 44) married Johanna HUMBY (age 35) at Catalina, St Peters Anglican Church on 30 December 1882. Witnesses were John Keel and N.O. Cragg.

I'm originally from Bonavista, and my wife is from Catalina. Neither of us are familiar with the STICKLEY name, however the RUSSELL name is quite prevalent in both communities.
I'm sure you can find more information on both family lines by searching NGB parish records. If you get stuck, try the Bonavista Archives. They have files and records from Bonavista and Catalina. http://sites.google.com/site/bonavistaarchives/home

Post subject: Re: Need long lost Russell Family from Bonavaista Info Help!!
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:57 pm 

Thank you very much for replying. I have contacted the Bonavista archives to see if they can assist me further. The Russell's is where I am stumped my great grandfather's biological father was Edward Russell...I have info on his wife...Jemima Stickley but cannot find anything on him or generations previous to him...As my grandfather was adopted and Jemima and Edward apparently died pretty young (in their 30's) and their children were split up into various orphanages and homes. My grandfather didn't contact any of them until shortly before his death in 1990.

Thank you again! :D

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...