Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...

Post subject: Looking for information...
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:40 am 

Hi, I am in the US. My husband's mother and her family are from Bonavista. I have been doing our family tree on Ancestry.com and have come to a road block on her side of the family. It seems that my husband's great great grandfather was illegitimate. No one in the family was aware of this, at least none of the generations still living. My husband's great grandfather is Eleazar Quinton, parents are Sarah & Albert Quinton. Sarah was Sarah Quinton at birth, daughter of Charles Quinton & Martha Dyke. I cannot find anything on Albert Quinton, if that is actually his real name. It seems odd that both of Eleazar's parents have the same last name. We know that Sarah married John Fry later in life. Eleazar also had a brother that died in the Halifax fire, William Noel Quinton. He could have been illegitimate too, no records on his birth.

Since I live in the US, I am not sure of which Newfoundland Agency I could contact to find out more information on Albert Quinton. Any recommendations or information on Albert would really be appreciated. Thank you!

Tina

Post subject: Re: Looking for information...
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:06 pm 
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Some dates would help a lot. Also, where in Bonavista did they live? It's a big place :)

Post subject: Re: Looking for information...
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:11 am 

The birth record says he was Methodist, the parish records were from Musgrovetown and Eleazar was born August 31, 1888, Southern Bay. Thx!

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...