Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...

Post subject: What Happened to John & Lizzie Russell's Children
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:15 am 

I have a list of John and Lizzie Russell's children and their dates of birth. The children are Martha Matilda (b. 21 July 1883), Victor Louis (b. 29 October 1887), Annie Alberta (b. 2 October 1889), Esther Elizabeth (b. 23 October 1892), and Stephen French (b. 10 September 1894). They were all born in Bay Roberts. Lizzie was referred to as Elizabeth in the records.

I have been unable to find out what happened to the children or if there are any missing. Any and all assistance or leads will be greatly appreciated. Thanx for all you do.

Yours in genealogy,
Mark

Post subject: Re: What Happened to John & Lizzie Russell's Children
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:58 pm 

Hi Mark,

This family did relocate to Grand Falls by 1921 — I’m not sure if all their children moved with them or not.

Annie Alberta died in 1908 from tuberculosis, not sure about the others.

When John died in 1942 (see obituary below from Bay Roberts Guardian), he had only one child surviving — Martha, Mrs Chesley Hann.

Died - Russell - At Corner Brook on Wednesday, May 6, after a short illness, John Russell, aged 94 years. Left to mourn are his wife, and one daughter, Mrs. Chesley Hann of Corner Brook, and a number of grandchildren and other relatives. Funeral took place on Friday, May 8 from the residence of Jas. E. Mosdell, Bay Roberts, to the C. of E. Church and cemetery. Rev. H. Torraville officiated.

Carol

Post Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:14 am 

Dear Carol,

Thank you so much for all of the information. It definitely gives me a starting point to continue researching this family. Thanx again for all you do.

Yours in genealogy,
Mark

Post Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:59 pm 

Hi Mark,

You’re very welcome. I’m noticing you seem to be working your way through the children of Isaac Russell and Martha née Parsons — Esther and now John. I also have good info on Esther and John’s siblings Ellen, Amelia and Isaac.

Isaac is a quick one, he died Feb 12, 1861 at age 2. Ellen and Amelia had larger families. Let me know if you are looking for any info on them.

Carol

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...