Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...

Post subject: Descendants of men lost on S.S. Southern Cross March 31, 1914
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:03 am 

My great grandfather perished on the S.S. Southern Cross returning from the seal hunt in 1914. All 173 crew and sealers were lost and nothing has ever been found from the ship.

Much has been written about the S.S. Newfoundland disaster that occurred at the same time, but relatively little has been written about the Southern Cross. I hope to remedy that in order to honour the memory of my great-grandfather and his shipmates through a book that I am now beginning to write.

I would be interested in hearing from anyone who had relatives who perished in the same disaster. In particular, I would be interested in stories about those who were lost, or those they left behind, as well as pictures of any of the men who were lost.

Please contact me at my e-mail address: <<removed>> or by mail at <<removed>>.

Any and all information will be gratefully received and treated with the utmost respect. Any original photographs will be scanned and returned. In addition, all contributors will be acknowledged in the book.

Paul Goodyear

Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Please do not post your e-mail address or other personal contact information in the open forum.

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...