Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...

Post subject: Shallow
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:34 am 
Expert Member
Expert Member

I am trying to confirm if Mary Ann Shallow's parents were Richard Shallow and Catherine Doolin. They lived in Clare's Cove/Fermeuse.I have information from another source which says Mary Ann Shallow's parents were Patrick Shallow and Catherine Ricketts. I have been unable to find a birth record for Mary Ann Shallow. She married Joseph Buckle , Forteau Labrador on July 31, 1848.
I found a Marriage at the RC Basilica in St Johns for Patrick Shallow of Lismore County Waterford and Catherine Ricketts of Bonavista on 21 Sept 1805. But I could not find any for Richard Shallow and Catherine Doolin.

Thanks
Len

Post subject: Re: Shallow
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:44 pm 
Expert Member
Expert Member

I have found a Marriage at the R C Basilica at St John's ; Nov 22,1815 for Richard Shallow,no address given and Margaret Doolan, no address given.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:02 pm 

Mary Ann Shallow is the daughter of Richard Shallow and Margaret Doolan. She was born in Fermeuse / Clares Cove in 1824. She married Joseph Buckle of Forteau in 1848. She died on July 25, 1908. She was my GG Aunt. The Shallow family name basically disappeared from the Southern Shore in the early 1900s. The name came back to Newfoundland with my Grandfather Michael Shallow in Grand Falls.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:59 am 
Expert Member
Expert Member

Thank you for that confirmation. Joseph Buckle and Mary Ann Shallow are my 2x Great Grandparents, which makes Richard Shallow and Margaret Doolin my 3x great grandparents. This explains why I have so many relatives that match my DNA on Familytree DNA from Ireland.
Thanks Again
Len
Last bumped by Len on Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:59 am.

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...