Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...

Post subject: GUSHUE & DALY Research
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:28 pm 

Hello all..I've been searching for several years and have yet to make any specific connection to my GUSHUE family research.

If anyone can help with the following names & details > Marriage: 1832 Jan 29; Groom: Timothy Gughrue [GUSHUE] of Bacon Cove, Conception Bay; Bride: Mary Daly [Daley]; Witnesses: Thomas Scanlon and Mary Nihilly [Nearly]..*Record from - Immaculate Conception RC Church Records, Harbour Grace, Nfld.
**My note: I wonder about the spelling/recording of these names..also, if perhaps the witness surname could be spelled as "NEIL?..NEARY?..I do not have any further details about this couple.

Any shared details & info are welcome, regards..Nora

Post subject: Re: GUSHUE & DALY Research
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:18 pm 

Hi Nora,
Since you are suspect of the names spelling, do you think that Gushue could have been an aberration of 'Googoo', the first 'G' being hard and the second 'g' being soft. If so, then I have some information which may be of value to you.
Cheers
Greg Mitchell

Post subject: Re: GUSHUE & DALY Research
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:41 pm 

My great grandfather Michael Murphy (1855 Carbonear) had a brother Patrick who married a Johanna Gushue in 1893 in Nova Scotia . She was from Conception Bay. The documentation is in Newfoundlanders married in Nova Scotia

Also the name Daly is also seen as Dawley. Michael's wife Ellen Murphy's mother was a Dawley and they were from Carbonear

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...