Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...

Post subject: Joseph Manuel Jr and his wife Maria
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:52 pm 

Joseph Manuel Jr (1800-1858) of Catalina married a woman named Maria. Records show her birth as Aug 16, 1807 in Catalina and death June 11, 1889 in Catalina. I am trying to find information about Maria - hopefully her maiden name. If you have information I really look forward to hearing from you. I have been trying to solve this mystery for years.

Thank you,
P

Post subject: Re: Joseph Manuel Jr and his wife Maria
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:20 pm 

try this link:
https://worldconnect.rootsweb.ancestry. ... id=I170250

Post Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:54 pm 
Expert Member
Expert Member

Did Joseph and Maria Manuel's son, George Manuel, born circa 1833-1834 marry Rachel Morris in 1862 at Catalina? If so, George Manuel's parents are entered in his death record as Joseph Manuel and Marie Blacken.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:34 pm 

Yes - his son did marry Rachel Morris. I have never seen Joseph Manuel’s death record. Do you know where I could find it or could you share a copy? I am excited by this news :D

Post Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:49 pm 

Joseph and Maria Manuel are my 3rd great grandparents by their daughter Priscilla Manuel and her husband John Hiscock.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:55 pm 
Expert Member
Expert Member

George Manuel, his wife Rachel Morris, and their children went to the United States in 1889. The family is included in several census records at New York. I am seeing scans of the original handwritten documents pertaining to their travel, and their residences in the various census documents.

It is the death record for George Manuel that I referenced, and not that of his father Joseph Manuel.

George Manuel, age 80 years, died on March 23, 1914 at Brooklyn, New York, and he was buried on March 25, 1914 at Cypress Hills Cemetery, New York. The names of his parents are entered in his death record as Joseph Manuel of Newfoundland, and Marie Blacken of Newfoundland. I am seeing a transcript of this record, and not the original handwritten document.

Rachel Manuel, born on October 30, 1839, died on July 19, 1925 at New York, and she was buried on July 22, 1925 at Cypress Hills Cemetery, New York. The names of her parents are entered in her death record as John Morris of Newfoundland, and Mary House of Newfoundland. I am seeing a transcript of this record, and not the original handwritten document.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:26 pm 

I have seen some of the census records that show George and Rachel moving to New York but I have not found his death record. Which database did you find it in? I searched Ancestry and it did not come up. I really appreciate all the information. I will update my tree with it.

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...