Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...

Post subject: Baker/Foote
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:35 pm 

Hi, my name is Erika baker. I am looking for information on both of my families from rencontre east, newfoundland. My grandfathers name is warden foote born in 1936 and grandmother Elizabeth mullins, my other grandfathers name was Watson baker wifes name bertha baker (not sure what her last name was). I am just looking for history on my families, to learn about my ancestors and my roots etc. thank you

Post subject: Re: Baker/Foote
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:03 am 

Hi Erika,
My parents were born in RenconteEast. Mary Ann Anderson married Eric Hartigan. I have info on the Footes married to the Keepings. Give me a few weeks to check my files and I will post again. Also I have met Allison Baker and his siblings, children of Watson Baker while
visiting Rencontre East many years ago.
Regards , Edward Hartigan
Also check out newfoundland census for 1921.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:31 pm 

Hi Edward, thank you so much. And yes Alison is my uncle and my dad is Arthur baker.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:50 am 

Hi Erika,
Sorry it has taken so long to sent additional information. I have info on your Grandfather Warden Foote’s family and your Foote ancestors. We are related! Henry Foote married Elizabeth Keeping in 1865. Elizabeth’s parents were George and Susan(May) Keeping. They were my GGGrandparents. The short version Is that Henry and Elizabeth had nine children from 1865 - 1886 in Rencontre East. Their second son was John Henry Foote born in 1868. John Henry married Priscilla and had at least five children from 1889to 1899. Their son Joshua Foote was born in 1899. Joshua married Mable (?).and had and had at least three children, George 1930, Warden, 1936 and Daphney 1939.
So there you have another Four generation of Footes- Henry, John Henry, Joshua, Warden.
Hope this is helpful. Also John Henry’ brotherGeorge was born 1865. He and his wife Selina (my mother called her Aunt Leen) had eight children. You have many cousins from this Foote family in Rencontre East, St John’s and the USA
Regards,
Ed Hartigan

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...