Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...

Post subject: Looking for Ellen Donovan's family
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:00 am 

Hello,

I am looking for the family of Ellen Donovan who was born in March 1907. She had a twin sister Margaret who eventually moved to the United States. I am looking for information from the Donovan family that I am unable to find on Ancestry. Her parents were Cornelius Donovan and Ellen Josephine Driscoll.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Jeanette Pugh

Post subject: Re: Looking for Ellen Donovan's family
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:49 pm 

Jeanette,
I don't know if this Donovan family is yours but it is similar. This is my husband's family and he
is away for a few days. The info I have came from his aunts and from his mother-all deceased.
His paternal grandmother was Margaret Donovan who had a twin. Her parents were Cornelius
and Ellen. Ellen's maiden name was O'Connell and she was born March17, 1891 at Conception
Harbour. She married here in Newfoundland and remained here. She did have a brother who
moved to the US-Rhode Island-but I don't know his name, or the names of other siblings.
If you think this is your Donovan family let me know and when my husband gets home I'll try to
find more information.
Margie
(Catlady)

Post Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:29 pm 

Yes, this does sound like my family. I think you have just cleared up why I cannot find out information on Ellen or a marriage between Cornelius and Ellen. I have been trying to find out stuff for the longest of time. The fact that Ellen was born on March 17 that is my daughters birthday. I would appreciate any information that anyone could give me. Now I can restart my search.

Thank you,
Jeanette

Post Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:51 am 

Good morning Jeanette,
Margaret married Michael McLean and lived on Bell Island, Newfoundland. I have been having
difficulties finding information on the family as well. My husband has some but not a lot. When
he gets back home I will try to get more help from him.
Margie

Post Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:10 pm 

Through this website, I have found a few things but for some reason, I cannot find the births of my grandmother who is Margaret and Ellens sister. I did find a few things like the census with the family members but at that time my grandmother was already gone, but the births elude me. Can you tell me if I am looking for Newfoundland and Labrador what area on the site should I be looking for the birth information?

http://ngb.chebucto.org/C1921/21-concep ... r-hm.shtml

Post Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:22 pm 

Hello Jeanette,
I need to clarify some of my wife's information to you on the Donovan family et al. It was Margaret (my grandmother) who was born March 17, 1891. Margaret's twin brother Dan (what we were told) moved to Philadelphia, PA. Margaret and Daniel had three siblings, Sarah (Married a Reardon in St. John's, NL), Ellen (Married Peter Clements) and Patrick.
Hope this helps but the apparent confusion around twin brother or sister leave questions.

Steve McLean

Post Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:56 am 

Thank you for your clarification. The twins in our family are Ellen and Margaret. Thank you for your reply.

Jeanette

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...