Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...

Post subject: Hoare Family
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:41 pm 

I am looking for information on a Harry Hoare who married a Katherine L. Hall. He died in the flu epidemic of 1919. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Nancy

Post subject: Re: Hoare Family
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:26 pm 
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Harry Hoare did not die in 1919. He is listed as living with his in-laws, William and Mary Hall, on Major's Path, St. John's East, in the 1921 census. Harry is reputed to be from Sydney, Nova Scotia, and he was employed as a salesman.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:48 pm 

Thank you so very much for this information! Was Harry Hoare married to Catherine? When did he die? I am Catherine's granddaughter from her only child William Orr born in NYC Dec 26 1926. Any information you can share would be so helpful. Was Catherine listed in the census in 1921 with her parents? I am trying to find out when she left Newfoundland and why?

Also, I hit a road block on William and Mary. I am unable to find their parents. Any help on the Hall family would be very much appreciated. I only know of Catherine's sibling Gertrude who married Eric Caul.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:34 pm 
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Henry Hoare married Catherine Hall on 8 July 1917 at Portugal Cove, Newfoundland. Catherine had a brother Alexander P. Hall, born circa 1899, and he married Alice. Her mother Mary Ann died 21 January 1940 and was buried in Mt. Carmel Cemetery. I have seen no burial for Henry Hoare.

William J. Hall, farmer, (son of Patrick and Mary Ann of Broad Cove Road) married Mary Ann McDonald (daughter of Patrick and Ann) on 27 November 1895, at the Basilica.

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...