Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...

Post subject: Snow family
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:21 pm 

Snow family: I have been searching, as well as my brother, for the parents of Thomas Snow.
He was born 20 January 1855 in Salmon Cove, Newfoundland. This is my GG grandfather.
He married Elizabeth Ann Crane who was from Bay Roberts. She was born 28 Oct 1861 in Bay Roberts, Newfoundland.
Though we have these dates they are not verifiable from any sources on the Island.
I was foolish enough to not ask my grandmother (born in Port de Grave) anything about him before she died in 2004 at 94 years old. She is the link to the Snow family.
Thomas is buried in Harbour Grace Newfoundland and died in 1946.
Neither Thomas or Elizabeth appear in any Baptism records or birth records for the areas of their births.
So any slight hints will be appreciated.
I thank you in advance for any assistance provided.

Wayne Biggley

Post subject: Re: Snow family
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:23 am 

Hi Wayne:
I don't have an answer to your question, but my great-great grandmother was Mary Ann Snow, born August 13, 1831 & died October 22, 1908, in Salmon Cove, Port de Grave District. She married Thomas Lidstone on November 6, 1858 and had eight known children. Both she & Thomas are buried in the Old Cemetery on Salmon Cove Road.
I don't know anything about her beyond that & don't know her parents' names either. But I'm aware of the other Snows who lived in Salmon Cove and I presume they must be related, being from such a small community. Perhaps your relative, Thomas Snow, was her nephew. I have combed through records both online, and in the Archives in Newfoundland, but have reached a dead end. If I find anything on your Thomas, I'll pass it on.
Kim

Post Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:34 am 

Thank you very much for your reply. It is interesting that there is much history about the Snow families beyond Thomas but he seems to be lost in a black hole of records not found. Perhaps this information way lead to a tangent search for me.
I will inform of any information that I may find.

Wayne Biggley
GG Grandson of Thomas Snow

Post Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:37 pm 

There was a Thomas Snow and wife Elizabeth that moved to Nova Scotia. I have a little more info if you are interested.

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...