Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...

Post subject: Samuel and Matthew Blackler - Mobile
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:00 am 

Hello,
I have Matthew Blackler bapt. 17 Sep 1835 to Samuel Blackler and Elizabeth Lanten.

In my data, I have him married to Eleanor Fortune on 7 Jan 1868, when he was 32.
As I revisit the data that was entered years ago, I see that there were 3 Matthews that could have been Samuel and Elizabeth's son:

1857/01/14 Mobile Blackler, Matthew Mobile Hartwell, Mary Mobile Mathew Blackler Frances Fortune Patrick Cleary

1864/02/07 Mobile Blackler, Matthew Mobile Ayre?, Julia Harbour Grace David Healy Bridget Carew Patrick Cleary

Blackler Matthew Mobile Fortune Ellen Witless Bay Jan. 7, 1868 Michael Dillon Mary Murphy

Could Samuel and Elizabeth's son been married to Mary Hartwell first (when he was 22) and then remarried later? I already know that it isn't the same Matthew in all of the records, as from looking at the baptism records for the other 2 marriages, children were born alternately between parents.

Also, I have Samuel as being remarried to Sarah Hogan, but do you really think that a man would father children for 36 years. Or, are they different Samuel's?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Chris

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...