Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...

Post subject: Phillip Gillett(e) Bay of Islands, ca 1850-1880
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:19 pm 

I'm looking for information regarding a Phillip Gillette, whose schooner was lost in the Bay of Islands around 1881. He was married to a Jessie Louisa Butt, and had several children, but I can't find anything else about him. I'm pretty sure her family was from Carbonear and Harbour Grace, so he might have been from there as well, but I haven't seen any Phillip Gillett(e) birth records.

Post subject: Re: Phillip Gillett(e) Bay of Islands, ca 1850-1880
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:21 pm 

Hi,
I seen your post and it certainly got my attention.
My Great Great Grandmother was Jessie Louisa Butt and I have been trying to find information. If this is the same person, she was indeed from Harbour Grace. I can remember my dad talking about the Gillette family and realizing that she was married before marrying William Marshall(my great great grandfather). I have an aunt who is now 93 and did know Jessie when she was very young. She may know something about her first marriage, I will certainly ask her when I speak to her. Jessie is buried in the Humber United Church Cemetery in Humbermouth, in Corner Brook, I visit there whenever I get home. She is in a large plot with no other names or headstones only hers. If you have anything that you can share it would be greatly appreciate it!
Kim

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...