Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...

Post subject: Millie Or Milley
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:21 pm 

Long Post .......

I put this up at WikiTree and someone pointed me to here so I copied and pasted from there. I am looking Jennie Emma Millie. This is my Great Grandmother. My Grandmother is Violet MacEachern she was born March 9 1917 we always thought in PEI but now searching the 1921 census I could not find this family anywhere. I know Jennie was born in NL so hoping someone might know something. Here is the copied info.

Looking for my Grandmothers family, who we have been lost on most of our lives. I gave up on her many times over the years. We have always been told she was born in PEI but my one aunt who is still alive said she has no idea if she was or not. If not it would have been Newfoundland but searching all the things I can search, I got nadda

I have searched through the 1921 census and she would have been 3 or 4 depending when it was done as she was born March 9 1917. I got nothing. Here is the family as I know and have been told

Samuel MacEachern (m) Jennie Emma Millie, their kids Violet, Jim, Bill, Jean. Jim married a woman named Phyllis Bruce (we think)

I got an email from my aunt just before she passed away and the dates she has for Samuel make no sense as she has him born 1892 that makes him 25 when Violet is born but she says he was 16 years older then Jennie so the dates she has I am sure are wrong. Here is a copy of the email she send me. Any help would be amazing

Hi Tina gramma name was Jennie Emma she was born just outside St, Johns Nfl her parents both died young she had a twin sister and a brother his name was Joe his son was one of the last miners to be taking out of the 1958 or 1957 Spring Hill Minecave in the girls were in orphanage shortly after gram was taking to ch,town the sis died in a fire the last name is Millie . parents names i don,t know Samuel came from Scotland he was 6 when he came over here the last name is spelled MacEachern ,he was married before and had 2 kids aboy and a girl they all died from a blood disorder He was 16 years older then Gram there is more i can look up and give with a little time I,ll try to do it within afew days LOVE YOU AUNTIE JENNIE

Jennie Emma Millie (Great Grandma)

Joe Millie (GGram Brother)

Samuel MacEachern Sept 1892

John MacEachern April 1894

Post subject: Re: Millie Or Milley
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:21 pm 

Hello,
I can tell you that the family is on the P.E.I. 1921 census. Living in the city of Charlottetown, District of Queens.
Your grandmother Violet is 4 on this census and her siblings at that time were Jean age 2, and William age 1.
Samuel's age is smudged and unreadable but he was born in P.E.I. and gives his father's birthplace as Scotland. His mother was born in P.E.I.
Jennie's age is listed as 27 and she was born in Newfoundland and lists her father's birthplace as England. Her mother was born in Newfoundland.
There are family trees on ancestry with your relatives but none offer anymore info on Jennie that would lead you to her parents. One MacEachern family tree has a son Ernest born to Samuel and Jennie in 1928.
I will look through familysearch.org to see if anything else comes up for your Grt.grandmother Jennie and post what I find.
Linda Moss

Post subject: Re: Millie Or Milley
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:47 pm 

Thank You Linda. I forgot I even posted here LOL I finally found the 1921 Census and when I saw Samuel was born in PEI I went 10 years earlier to the 1911 census and found him there as well living with his grandmother and his 5 siblings. She was head of the house and someone named Malcolm and in the 1901 census there was a Charlotte listed as well but hard to make out if it says daughter or not.

Still have had no luck on the Milley family in Newfoundland. Since it looks like my aunt was wrong on most of the info I am wondering if Jennie was a Milley or not LOL

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...