Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...

Post subject: Scottish looking for KING realtive
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:25 pm 

I am researching my father in laws family tree for him. We live in Scotland and all we know about his dad is that he was original from New Foundland and his name was Earnest King and he ended up in Scotland. Unfortunately he died when my father in law was just a child and he lost his mother at an early age too so Ernest really is a mystery!

Now I think I may have found an Ernest W King on the cenus in 1921 and 1935 in the Harry's Harbour area. Son of Adolphus King and Susanna Green. But then he disappears. There was some story that he died in a forestry incident here in Scotland so I found the nominal roll for the Newfoundland Forestry Unit - and there is an Earnest W King from Harry's Harbour. I think it's likely the same person but not sure when he came over to Scotland and what camp etc he was in. The he seems to disappear from all Records until his death in Scotland in 1968 - I've ordered the death cert so I may find out more hopefully when it arrives. We are really not sure if he left a family over in Newfoundland with intentions of going back , my father in law is aware (and a bit nervous!) that he may have half siblings and definitely cousins he's never met. If anyone could shed some light from the other side of the Atlantic I'd really appreciate it. This site has been amazing for finding out information. It is very well kept. Wish the records over here were so easy to research!!!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Post subject: Re: Scottish looking for KING realtive
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:26 pm 

I should note he was born around 1915

Post Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:31 pm 

Hi Jennifer - I can't confirm whether it is the same Ernest or not, but can give you some dates on that Ernest's family. His father Adolphus Frederick King was born Dec 31 1891 Harrys Hr and died Jul 15 1964, the son of James King & Harriet Andrews (married as Anderson but that is an error, she was nee Andrews). His mother was Susanna Prowse Green born Oct 19 1891 Tilt Cove, dau of William Green (born c 1858 - died Mar 17 1902 Tilt Cove age 44) and Elizabeth Mary King (born Sep 22 1865 Kings Cove, Notre Dame Bay). that side of the family gets a little complicated due to remarriage "within the family" - Elizabeth Mary King remarried to Edmund John King (1879-1923) another child of James King & Harriet Andrews. Elizabeth Mary was the daughter of John King & Jane Anstey, and the g-dau of James King & Mary Noble. If the death certificate has conformation re Ernest, you can contact me and I can email my files on the families.
Jill Marshall, St Johns NL (njillmarshall@aol.com)

Post Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:55 am 

That's him! I have emailed you. Thank you so much.

Jennifer

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...