Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...

Post subject: Great grandmother Jessie Stuckey
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:45 pm 

Looking for parents for my great grandmother Jessie Stuckey.She married Pleamon Stuckey Aug 31.1922,in Twillingate. I am not sure of her birth name.The marriage certificate says Lambert but my family was told that she was adopted by Stephen and Sarah Lambert( the 1921 census she is listed as a daughter).She was born September 1, 1902 according to her funeral bulletin.My family said she had a birth sister Minnie and also a brother( unknown).They believed she was born on the French shore and maybe her birth name was Froude. I have spent much time searching but cannot find her birth or possible parents.Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Mavis

Post subject: Re: Great grandmother Jessie Stuckey
 Post Posted: Thu May 11, 2017 10:10 pm 

I am happy to report that I have more information about my grandmother Jessie (Lambert) Stuckey.

Her mother was Deborah Lambert , single parent, from Twillingate. Deborah's parents were Andrew Lambert (1846-1925) and Harriett Selina Primmer(1851-1938).
Deborah had son, Frederick born 1895, daughter, Minnie Abt. 1896 , daughter, Jessie(my great grandmother) born 1902 and I believe another son.In 1906 Deborah married John Small ,moved to the White Bay and had 5 more children, 4 boys and one girl.
My great grandmother Jessie was raised by her Uncle, Steven Lambert(brother of Deborah).

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...