Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...

Post subject: Patrick Sullivan and Anastasia Malone
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:20 pm 

I am looking for any information on Patrick Sullivan and Anastasia Malone and their children. From the information I have they were either born in Newfoundland or emigrated from Ireland. I have information both ways, but it is uncomfirmed.

They had one son, Michael Sullivan, my grandfather, who was born in St. John's Newfoundland on February 15th, 1853. He was baptized on February 28th, 1853. The christening information is from the Parish Records: Roman, St. John's Basicila, Baptisms 1852-1853. The sponsors at his baptism were Nicolas Forlong and Johanna Norris.

He apparently had at least one sister, Kathleen, but I was unable to find baptism records for any siblings or other children of Patrick and Anastasia Malone.

Michael Sullivan emigrated to Canada in approximately 1874, marrying a Margaret Morrissey in Nova Scotia in November, 1874. Michael's parents were listed as Patrick and Anne Sullivan.

A baptism record of Michael's stepson listed the sponsors as "Mr. Sheehan" and Maggie Sheehan (nee Sullivan). That was dated Marcy 29, 1916, so Maggie Sheehan would be another relative.

Any information or links to find further information on my family would be appreciated.

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...