Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...

Post subject: Courage-Stevenson Families
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:28 pm 

My Great-grandfather was Alexander Courage (1864-1940) who was born in Harbor Grace and left for Sydney, Cape Breton about 1895. The Courage family has a long and well recorded presence in Harbor Grace, primarily in St. Paul's Anglican Church My Great-grandmother was Mary "Stephens" (spelling may be Stevens, Stevenson or Stephenson). Alex and Mary produced three children in Harbor Grace including Elsie (1887-1964) and Charles and Alex who died in infancy. After re-locating to Sydney, Alex and Mary had three more children, including my Grandmother. Mary died in December of 1903 at the age of 36. Based on this information it is likely Mary Stephens (Stevenson) is descended from Fredrick & Charlotte Stevenson of Harbor Grace. There are however other Mary Stevens(son) in the area about the same time.

I am looking for assistance in finding the record of marriage between Alex Courage and Mary Stevenson (about 1885-1886) and also identifying the family of Mary Stephens (Stevenson). The record would normally be recorded at St. Paul's however I have not found it in the records, nor in any village in the vicinity of Harbor Grace

Regards

Tom

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...