Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...

Post subject: Re: DNA Test Results Fanny Bowe (Cupids)
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:31 pm 

How interesting! Mary Jane Bussey (b. Sep 21, 1867) was a sister of my great-grandmother, Bertha, who married Noah Lidstone, of Salmon Cove, Port de Grave District. You can see photos of her, and of her adult children at http://downonsalmoncove.com/families/li ... dstone.htm.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:02 pm 

Hello Pikeman: While I agree with your comments, I, myself, could not see any resemblance between my great-grandmother, Bertha & her niece, Fanny. I have never seen photos of any of Bertha's siblings. I think it is highly unlikely (but of course, not impossible) that the Bussey patriline has any NA or Inuit connection. My own Bussey/Lidstone relatives, many whom I know, down to 2nd cousins are tall, fair & "nordic" in appearance! I believe the Bussey name originates in the Channel Islands; I cannot trace the Page line back beyond Fanny Page Bussey & her sibs.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:08 am 

kwilter wrote:
Hello Pikeman: While I agree with your comments, I, myself, could not see any resemblance between my great-grandmother, Bertha & her niece, Fanny. I have never seen photos of any of Bertha's siblings. I think it is highly unlikely (but of course, not impossible) that the Bussey patriline has any NA or Inuit connection. My own Bussey/Lidstone relatives, many whom I know, down to 2nd cousins are tall, fair & "nordic" in appearance! I believe the Bussey name originates in the Channel Islands; I cannot trace the Page line back beyond Fanny Page Bussey & her sibs.

Hello "kwilter"
I just happened to stumble upon Pikeman's post and followed the threads. I'm surprised and excited with all this info being shared. I too, am related to Fanny Jane Page and Joseph Bussey. My Great Grandmother was Selina Bussey, sibling to Mary Jane, Bertha and John Smith Bussey. I have a photo of her as well. I cannot trace the line further back than Fanny Jane either. I have a tree on Ancestry and Selina's photo is there. I have been in touch with Kim Short who is Bertha's G granddaughter. I have also done ancestry's DNA and 23andme DNA. My results are also uploaded to Gedmatch and FTDNA. My daughter has done all of these as well. Would love to be in touch and share info etc.
Donna

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...