Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...

Post subject: Mathias Young
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:07 pm 

Searching for information on Mathias Young who married Ellen Carberry. He can be found in 1871 in Hearts Content but that is all, no other information available. His son, Richard, b. about 1831; married Sep/Oct 1855 Catherine Keating b. abt 1836 . She was from Fortune. Her father was John Keating b. abt 1811.

Richard and Catherine can be found in the 1871 census of Cape Breton-Balls Bridge (George's River) area with their family. Catherine's father, John, is living with them.

Sometime later they moved to the US and both died in the Boston area.

I am trying to determine if they were part of my Young/LeJeune line in Newfoundland or if they were Irish or Scottish ancestry.

Any information on Mathias Young or Ellen Carberry would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Thom

Post subject: Re: Mathias Young
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:34 pm 

Re Mathias Young,
There is an Aug. 26, 1891 death record for a Matthias Young. He died of Brights Disease at age 60. Place of death and burial given as Hearts Content and place of birth recorded as Newfoundland. Enclosed is the link to that document. Death recorded on line#10.
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... :144848601
L. Moss

Post Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:29 am 

Thank you for that death registration for Mathias Young. I presume Trinity is in the area of Heart's Content?

Also found another document that states Mathias also had a son Nicholas who was also a shipwright in Heart's Content. They worked with a relative, John Young, in Heart's Content.

Have just come across a registration for the baptism of Grace on 12 September 1772 at Heart's Content to John and Elizabeth Young. John built the SWEET HOME in 1831 for Chancey and Bulley of St John's.

Nicholas built the 29 ton schooner BREEZE in 1848. It was called a Labrador Floater...and it was built for Alfred Mayne of Harbour Grace.

Richard built the 97 ton brigantine HENRIETTA for Phillip Duggan, a St. John's trader.

Appreciate the help and hopefully what I listed above may be of more assistance.

I am working with the GGGGrand-daughter of Richard to try to find her family but it has not been easy as she is in the US and I am in Cape Breton.

Thom

Post Posted: Thu May 04, 2017 6:42 pm 

Thom,

I apologize that I do not have information on Mathias Young specifically, but I am a part of the Young/ LeJeune family. Perhaps I can share a link to a family tree I've found with you? Maybe this will help you with your search.

Sarah

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...