Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...

Post subject: Descendants of Charles Robertson Thomson
 Post Posted: Fri May 22, 2015 5:25 pm 

I posted a search for information about Charles Thomson, and also his second Mary Ann Elliott in the summer of 2013. Since then I have gathered a bit more information, and am trying to fill in some blanks about 'his descendants.

Charles Robertson Thomson, born in Perth, Scotland in 1851, lived in St. John’s for about 40 years in the late 1800s and early 1900s and managed the Nfld Boot and Shoe Company. Charles and his first wife (Kate Eleanor Lynch, died 1880) had, I believe, two children, Arthur Roland (b 1878) and Kate Eleanor (born 1880). I believe Arthur at one point lived in Harbour Grace, was married to Gertrude Edgar, and had two daughters, Olive and Clare (who married Edgar Parsons Button in 1932) and a son, Edgar. I can find nothing about Kate Eleanor except her birth, her baptism (Presbyterian) in 1880 and again at St. Patrick’s in 1885 along with Arthur and their half-sister Mary Agnes). Charles and his second wife, Mary Ann Elliott, m 1884, had, I believe, six children, Mary Agnes, born 1885, married LLoyd Chaplin 1909, at some point may have lived in Montreal; Florence Beatrice, b 1887, married Noel James 1919 – my husband’s grandparents); James Elliott, b. 1891, member of the Newfoundland Regiment, died 1917; Stella Watson, b. 1894, died 1911 in St. John's; Charles Moncrieff, born 1890, went to school in Scotland, and married Eleanor Grassnick in Ayrshire in 1921; and Albert Edward, b. 1902, possibly died in Toronto about 1975. From what I have found, it appears that Charles and Mary Ann moved to England after the First World War and lived in Muswell Hill, Middlesex and that some of their children visited them in England at various times.

Charles' first daughter, Kate Eleanor, is the big brick wall at this point, but I would also like to know more about the others. Any hints or info would be greatly appreciated.

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...