Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...

Post subject: Hussey, Mercer, Marshall, Hiscock, Butt mystery....
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:25 pm 

I'm looking for infomation on a Samuel Mercer b abt 1850 at Bay Roberts, NFLD died bef 1923(1917)? probably Bay Roberts, NFLD and his Will probated Jun 11/1923 granted to Susanna Marshall. Samuel was first married to Unknown and had Thomas, George, Fanny, Mary, Alfreda, Samual, and Lily with his first wife. Samuel Mercer married a second time abt 1888? to Susanna L. Hussey (her first marriage) maiden name Unknown. They had Ethel (Ette), Allen and Charlotte (Lottie) all Mercers. Susanna married a third time abt 1922? to Unknown Marshall but was widowed before 1945 Census with no more children. Susanna Unknown's first marriage was to Unknown Hussey b Abt 1854 probably Port de Grave, NFLD who died abt 1887? They had at least three children(maybe more):
1 Cyril Harvey Hussey b Sep 25/1880 probably at Port de Grave, NFLD, who married abt 1910 first to Unknown with one living child: Robert James Hussey b 1912 - d 1958 elevator accident. After the death of his first wife in 1914, Cyril Hussey moved to Halifax, NS and married 1917 a second time to Orpha Smith b Jul 29/1895 at Ecum Secum, NS d 1984 at Halifax, NS. Cyril died 1972 at Halifax, NS. Cyril and Orpha had 3 living children: Adam Earl Hussey b Jan 19/1925, Marion Emma Hussey b May 7/1928, and Thelma Orpha Hussey b Jun 22/1935.
2 Jessie Hussey b abt 1882, at Port de Grave, NFLD; married Jack Unknown and moved to the States. (Need more info here).
3 Mary E Hussey b Oct 1884, Port de Grave, NFLD; married John Hiscock b May 1871 and George b 1902, Elizabeth b 1909, Robert b 1911, Jessie b 1914, John Allan b 1917, Mildred b 1922, and Elva b 1925 all at Carbonear, NFLD. Elva Hiscock married Frederick Butt at Carbonear, NFLD they had a Peggy (Margaret) Butt and possibably more children.

If you can help fill in the blanks, or able to direct me to a researcher with the answers I would be greatful for your help. More recient families include Hiscock and Butt.

I am more interested in the Hussey marriage Susanna ? and Unknown Hussey but will take any info I can get on any of these people for clues in solving the Hussey senerio or filling any of the Unknowns. lloydandella@ns.sympatico.ca

Thanks, Lloyd Hussey

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...