Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...

Post subject: Russell of Bay Robets Coley's point - looking for info on Charles and Ellen Russell
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:58 am 

Looking for information on Charles & Ellen Russell married Dec 17th 1876 and thier children
Thomas born Sept 14, 1877, Edward born Nov 14 1879, Gilbert born Oct 11, 1885, Elizabeth Jane Born Sept 24th 1888 and Henry William born jan 2nd 1898 or 1899. We know Gilbert died in British Columbia. Our link to this is search is Henry and we have information on him. Any information would be appreciated.

Mary

RussellClan

Post subject: Re: Russell of Bay Robets Coley's point - looking for info on Charles and Ellen Russell
 Post Posted: Mon May 24, 2010 2:29 am 

Hi,

I don't think I can help you but I am also looking for information on Russell's from Bay Roberts.

I am looking for information on Edward Russell b: 1857 d: 1928 He married Mary Coombs and they lived in St. John's.

Post subject: Re: Russell of Bay Robets Coley's point - looking for info on Charles and Ellen Russell
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:34 am 

Erica,

Guess your Russell family is as elusive as ours. Since my last post I have found the marriage certificate of Henry William(Herny is my husbands grandfather) who showed his mother as Ellen E Russell. This throws a cure in our serch as we thought great grannie was Ellen R Russell. :?: Also on Henry's WWII enlistment papers he show his next of kin as his cousin an I or T Parsons. We have been told that Herny at the age of 6 went to live with a Parsons family after Ellen died at about 50. Do not know the relationship to the Parson family, may have actually been family or became family because they took Henry in. Gotta love the confusion of research. Good luck with your quest. Hope you have better results than we have had over this last few years. :P

Mary

Post Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:05 pm 

[color=#000000]I'm sorry...I don't have any info to offer. I will keep my eyes open for "Russell" while researching my "Bruce" roots.

Post subject: Re: Russell of Bay Robets Coley's point - looking for info o
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:13 pm 

I have more info for Charles and Ellen Russell. Ellen was a Russell prior to her marriage to Charles. They married on Dec 17th, 1876 in Bay Roberts and were Anglican ( old records said Church of England) All their children were born in Bay Roberts and all but one seems to have left Newfoundland. As far as I can tell there children were Thomas was born 1877 and died in Slocan City BC in 1930. Edward born 1878 and died in Prince Rupert, BC. Gilbert Charles born 1885 and died in 1946 in Prince Rupert. Henry William born in 1898 and died in Halifax Elizabeth Jane born 1888. I can not find out anything about Elizabeth Jane's life. Any of you Bay Robert's Russell's have any of these people in your family tree?

Post Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:20 am 

All these years later and I am no further ahead on our Bay Roberts Russells. I did learn this year that the Parsons on Henry's WW1 discharge papers was Issac Russell. There were so many Issac Russells in that time line that I am no further ahead. If any of you have had your DNA done by Ancestry DNA and you have Mindy or Gilbert Russell as a match then contact either of them on that site and we can better compare family timelines.

Post Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 10:08 am 

I am no further with it either.
I had my dna done a few years ago but was matched with very few people researching NFLD.
one looked like it had potential (third cousin I think) but I had no response.

Maybe one day we’ll work it out

Post Posted: Fri May 17, 2019 8:51 am 

Hi Erica,
Long time no chat. If you would email me at uk.russells@gmail.com I will give you three DNA matches that you could check to see if my husbands Russells are in your match.

Have a great day
Marh

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...