Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...

Post subject: Looking For Information on Huge List of Surnames, Brick Wall
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:28 pm 

Hello Everyone,

I am looking for anyone with information and/or pictures of the following people and/or relatives who are my brick walls in my family tree.

GRIFFIN - James Griffin married Bridget Fitzpatick. Lived on the Rams Islands (Iona).
FITZPATRICK - Bridget Fitzpatrick married James Griffin. Lived on the Rams Islands (Iona).
MURPHY - John Murphy married Mary Crow on June 27 1840. Lived on the Rams Islands (Iona).
CROW - Mary Crow married John Murphy on June 27 1840. She is a possible sister to Ellen Crow (Born 1821) who married Alexander Burke. Mary and John lived on the Rams Islands (Iona).
SPARROW - Thomas Sparrow married Lucy Walsh on Nov 25 1836. Lived in Argentia (Little Placentia).
WALSH - Lucy Walsh married Thomas Sparrow on Nov 25 1836. Lived in Argentia (Little Placentia).
MARTIN - James Martin (Born St. John’s/Torbay) married Jane Sparrow (Born Argentia (Little Placentia). Lived in St. John’s.
SPARROW - Jane Sparrow (Born Argentia (Little Placentia) married James Martin (Born St. John’s/Torbay). Lived in St. John’s.
NEWMAN - Joseph Newman married Sarah Northover. Lived in Long Harbour/Rams Islands (Iona).
NORTHOVER - Sarah Northover married Joseph Newman. Lived in Long Harbour/Rams Islands (Iona).
O’RIELLY/RIELLY - Phillip Reilly (Born 1815, Argentia (Little Placentia). Died 1903, Argentia (Little Placentia)) married Martha Miller (Born Placentia). Lived in Argentia (Little Placentia).
MILLER - Martha Miller (Born Placentia) married Phillip Reilly (Born 1815, Argentia (Little Placentia). Died 1903, Argentia (Little Placentia)). Lived in Argentia (Little Placentia).
POWER - Edward Power (Born 1840, Argentia (Little Placentia)) married Jane Anne Ledwell (Born 1848 Argentia (Little Placentia) on May 2 1868. Lived in Ship Harbour.
LEDWELL - Thomas Ledwell Sr. (Born about 1694 in Becklay, Oxfordshire, England) married Unknown. Had son Thomas Ledwell Jr. Lived in Becklay, Oxfordshire, England.
POWERS - Anna Powers (Born about 1795, Ireland) married James Ledwell. Lived in Argentia (Little Placentia).
WALSH - Alice Walsh married John H. Ledwell on Nov 19 1837. Lived in Argentia (Little Placentia).
MEADE - Valentine Meade married Margaret Hunt on Nov 24 1844. Lived Argentia (Little Placentia)/Ship Harbour.
HUNT - James Hunt married Anastasia Lambert (Born 1799, Died March 23 1884). Lived Argentia (Little Placentia)).
LAMBERT - Anastasia Lambert (Born 1799, Died March 23 1884) married James Hunt. Lived Argentia (Little Placentia)).
MURPHY - Mary J. Murphy married Patrick Meade on Nov 28 1879. Lived in Ship Harbour.
WHITTLE - Charles Whittle (Born about 1793) married Ann Jarvis. Lived on the Flat Islands, Placentia Bay.
JARVIS - Ann Jarvis married Charles Whittle (Born about 1793). Lived on the Flat Islands, Placentia Bay.
BRUSHETT - Sarah Brushett married William Whittle (Born about 1813) on Oct 2 1836 in Burin. Lived on the Flat Islands, Placentia Bay.
UNKNOWN - Ann Unknown (Born 1859, Died June 1894, Flat Island Cove, Placentia Bay) married James (Jimmy) Whittle (Born 1849, Flat Islands, Placentia Bay, Died Feb 20 1914, St. Bernard’s (Fox Cove)). Lived on the Flat Islands, Placentia Bay.
REVELS - Ann Revels (If she did marry a Cheeseman she was born 1823, and died Feb 9 1919, Port au Bras) had sons James (Jimmy) Hodder for unknown father and Lawrence (Lar) Cheeseman with Thomas Cheeseman. Lived in Port au Bras.
STEWART - Ellen (Nellie) Stewart married James (Jimmy) Hodder on Nov 14 1877 in St. Bernard’s (Fox Cove). She was a sister to Thomas (Tom) Stewart who also lived in St. Bernard’s (Fox Cove). Both were born in Harbour Breton. Lived St. Bernard’s (Fox Cove).
HYNES - Thomas Hynes (Born about 1811) married Elizabeth Saunders (Born about 1811). He was apparently born in Ireland. Lived in English Harbour East, Fortune Bay.
SAUNDERS - Elizabeth Saunders (Born about 1811) married Thomas Hynes (Born about 1811). She had siblings, Joseph, Mary, George, Jane, Richard (Dick), and maybe Catherine. Lived in English Harbour East, Fortune Bay.
JOHNSON - Joseph Johnson married Susan Grandy. Lived in Jacques Fontaine.
GRANDY - Charles Grandy married Jane Snook/Barnes or something.
WHELAN - Elizabeth Whelan (Born 1799, Fortune Bay, Died 1893, St. Bernard‘s (Fox Cove)) married Richard Johnson. Lived in St. Bernard’s (Fox Cove).
MADIGAN - James Madigan (Born about 1790, Mullinavat, County Kilkenny, Ireland) married Margaret Haley. Lived on Allan’s Island/Lamaline.
HALEY - James/Patrick Haley married Elizabeth Unknown. Lived Allan’s Island/Lamaline.
PINE - Thomas Pine married Elizabeth Smith. Lived in English Harbour West, Fortune Bay.
SMITH - Elizabeth Smith married Thomas Pine. Lived in English Harbour West, Fortune Bay.

Post subject: Re: Looking For Information on Huge List of Surnames, Brick
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:29 pm 

Hi there,
I see you have listed Power, Powers and Ledwell. I'm related to both Power and Powers .
If you wish you can reply and I'll share any info you may need.
nickjared

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:52 pm 

Hi,

What information would you have? How are you related to the Power/Powers family? Thanks for reply!! -devongriffin1

Post Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:59 am 

Grand Falls Historical society has a bunch of pics and one of them is of 2 little boys from Oderin , George and Cecil Power, early 1900's...
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

Post Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:03 am 

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

Post Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:29 pm 

Will of John Rielly Sr.
from Newfoundland will books volume 2 pages 194-195 probate year 1855.
(This name is spelled Reilly, Rielley and Rielly in the will and Reiley in the will index.)

In re
John Rielly deceased.

In the name of God Amen. I do here by bequeath to my wife and my son John Rielly Junr the dwelling house and all the furniture there in belonging also the garden in front and at the back of said dwelling house with the meadow at the Pond Head that is to say from Michael Walshes fence to John Kellys fence or bounds Also the fishing boat with all her materials the cod sein Caplin sein the herring nets the stage and stores with all the property there in them belonging also beach on Latney and all the cash and notes I do possess I do bequeath to my wife and I John Reilly Senr do also bequeath to my wife daughter Eleanor Keates the garden or meadow that is from Valentine Meads fence or bounds to Mrs. Sparrows garden An the remainder of said ground or meadow is to be given to my daughter Catherine McGrath to erect or build a house on I do also bequeath to my son Edward Reilly the boat now in the Landwash with all her sails riging all other materials there unto her belonging allso the meadow at upper end of the Pond Head and the garden above the Cow House I do bequeath to my son Philip Rielly and it is further to be understood that my son John Rielly Junr is to pay all and several of my debts and that without failure. Given under my hand this eleventh day of January in the year of our Lord 1854 as my last will and testament, John Rielly.
In presence of us Patrick Houlihan, Thomas S. Keates

Certified correct,
D. M. Browning
Registrar

I think this could be your Phiilip O'Reilly from Argentia and also your Mead. There is another will for John O'Reillys wife maybe 1858 with more family info, John was born in Waterford according to his obituary (listed in Gertie Crosbies B M D). Not related to Placentia O'Reilly family.

I have a Sparrow married to one of my Browne family. There is also a pic-I think it is of a Philip Power married to a Bridget Sparrow. It is on the NGB site.

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...