Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...

Post subject: STOCKLEY, COOZE, BARBOUR
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:39 pm 

Stockley Family - I found on this website my grandfather Walter J. Stockley buried with Winnie (Starkes)2nd wife. How do I find out to obtain the photo and is there other info given with the photo. Kids with Winnie are: Chess, Myrtle, Winston.
1st wife is Ethel Murphy, died in the 30's, had 1 child named William James Stockley, born 1935, named after his grandfather. Apparently she is buried in the same place as Walter but no with him. Grandfather Willia James Stockley married a Kaloway(spelling ay be off), 2nd marriage to a Dinah Norris. I believe they all lived in Wesleyville.
Cooze Family - Brookfield - JosephCooze Sr. born 1908-died approx 1984, wife Edna Blance Barbour born 1909-died 1980, had kids Geraldine Best born 1933-died-1982 or 87, Sophie Blanche , born 1934-died1996, Carmen Cooze, Born 1935- died Scarborough, Ontario, Daniel Cooze, born 1941-died1977 in Brookfield having is leg amputated,( had a couple of kids), Tryphena Mae Cooze, born 1943(married William James Stockley)moved to Ontario, Joseph Jr., born 1946-died 1985(married Maureen had couple of boys Keith & Peter)
Barbour Family - Is Famous for "Barbour House" and no one is willing to help. There is a picture of my grandmother's family on the wall with Edna Blanche Barbour, her siblings and her parents. Her siblings are Magaret, Carmen,Peter and Ron. The dad is I believe is Daniel Barbour who died at age 33 drowned at "Arighat North Sydney, May 15th 1918 along with a Douglas Barbour (not sure of relation) died with him age 19.
Any information on anything, anyone would be very appreciated.
Thank you so very much

Post subject: Re: STOCKLEY - BISHOP
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:18 am 

Hi Penelope,
I don't believe that I have any connection to your Catherine Stockley. My immpression is that she was a Bishop probably from Bonavista Bay? Am I correct? My Bishop ancestors were from Port de Grave and areas. I did have a Jessie Violet Stuckley b 1907 at Laurenceton, NFLD and died 1990 at Laurenceton, NFLD; d/o John Stuckley and Rebecca Unknown. Jessie married a Jacob Hussey b Jul 1891 at Burnt Arm, NFLD and died May 27/1967 at Laurenceton, NFLD. I don't know if there is a connection between Stuckley and Stockley but there could be? I do however have a Catherine Stockley b 1931 at Ingonish, CBI, N.S. died 1996 at Ingonish, CBI, N.S.; d/o Alfred Stockley and Louisa Dupe both of Ingonish, Nova Scotia. This Catherine married Harry Hussey b Jul 18/1921 at Ingonish, CBI, N.S. and died Jul 29/2001 at Neil's Harbour, CBI, NS. Harry Hussey is a brother to my grandfather John 'Jack" Hussey. Some of the families at Ingonish, NS did come over from NFLD to live, so there could be a possible connection with your Stockley's before Alfred Stockley. I live in Sydney, Nova Scotia so I can't help you track down those photos in NFLD. But, if you were to leave a message on the Grand Banks Site, there is a chance that someone may be able to take a photo (or scan) of these pics you are looking for. If you see any connection email me at lloydandella@ns.sympatico.ca

I sent this as an email, but I don't know if it really sent out to you.

Post subject: Re: STOCKLEY, COOZE, BARBOUR
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:40 pm 

Kaloway is KELLOWAY.

Winnie STARKES - daughter of Jonathan STARKES b. 1878 Pool's Island and Susannah Jane STRATTON b. 1881 Greenspond

Daniel BARBOUR - son of John BARBOUR b. 1852 Cobbler's Island - John, son of Benjamin BARBOUR and Rebecca GREEN

I have this note from another researcher:
John and two of his sons, Daniel and Douglas, had gone to Nova scotia to see a fishing schooner that was for sale. They decided that it did not suit their requirements. WHile going from Mulgrave to Arichat, a squall of wind caused their small boat to capsize, and all three of them drowned. Wesley Collins of Newtown, who was also with them, managed to cling to the bottom of the boat until rescued. He accompanied John's body back to Newtown. The bodies of the two sons were never recovered.

Ian David Roberts
Scarborough, Ontario, Canada

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...