Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...

Post subject: LAKE - McCORMACK families
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:34 pm 

My great grandparents were Frances LAKE (1843-1879) and James McCORMACK (b. 1842), both born in St. John's and appear on the 1870 U. S. census living in Boston; two children, Bridget and James were also born in St. John's. On the 1880 census, James is listed as a widower and has two more children. Frances (Fannie) died of typhoid fever and pneumonia on 8 October 1879. Her parents were listed as William and Mary Lake, also born in Newfoundland. A sister of Fannie's evidently went to Boston to help with the children. James was "lost at sea" in the 1880's. I only have the census reports, Fannie's death certificate, and family stories. Can anyone confirm this information or help me further?

Post subject: Re: LAKE - McCORMACK families
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:12 pm 

Hi there:
I am using this same reply for two different McCormack/McCormick/Cormack postings that have been inactive for a number of years.
I recently completed a review of the above names in NL and have information that may help you in your research.
If you are still pursuing these names, send me a response and we will see where it goes. Maybe you have information to help me find my McCormacks that emigrated to the US and elsewhere in the 1850’s and later?
Pat

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...