Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...

Post subject: John Frampton
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:07 pm 

Hi I am looking for any info on a John Frampton he was born around 1837 he had children the only two I can find is an Amy and Andrew Frampton, I can't find where they were born or who they married just what is passed through family Amy married Solomon Childs sr. and Andrew married Emma Jane Anderson, Andrew and Emma were both born in Farm, Port au Port which is now called Boswarlos I think, Amy I was told she was born in Channel, Port au Basque.Any help would be great.

Post subject: Re: John Frampton
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:35 pm 

On Sept.30,1854 in Twillingate, john Frampton, bachelor of Exploits, Burnt Islands, married a Martha Hutchings, spinister , also from Exploits, Burnt Islands. This comes from Twillingate Meth. marriages from 1853-1870 from Parish records, Box 2, PANL.

Also, in Vital Records, Newfoundland Death Register Part 2, 1892-1893, Twillingate Dist; it says; Death of John Frampton, ferryman, of Ezploits , 67 yrs. Meth sexton, and he had married Martha Hutchings.

But, I also found. marriage record Of John Frampton married a Eliza Butler on Oct 30,1867. both were of Flat Islands, John was Methodist. He was a fisherman.

Hope this makes sense to you.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:51 pm 

Hi thanks but no sorry the John Frampton I'm looking for is from the west coast of NL.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:02 am 
Expert Member
Expert Member

Just a helpful suggestion.....but do your own due diligence, of course.

I think you will find that John Frampton was born in Isle Aux Mort (near Channel-Port Aux Basques) circa early 1840's. He married a woman from Channel-Port Aux Basques. They had several children, who were born at Channel-Port Aux Basques and Boswarlos.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:38 am 

Yeah that sure sound like the one I am looking for but like I said in previous notes I can't find him listed anywere. Do you have a link I could look over.
As for how many children he/they had I only know of two but that doesn't mean he/they didn't have more children.Since I posted this Query I was told his wife might have been Lucy Childs from Boswarlos now this could be a second wife as well they didn't know for sure,any help would be great.

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...