Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...

Post subject: Taylor, Pike, Rowe
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:26 pm 

My great-grandmother was Leah Taylor, born 1853 in Mosquito Cove. I don't know her parents names, but she married Edward Pike from Carbonear in 1881. I have Edward born 1839 in Carbonear and died 1898 in Harbour Grace but I am not sure either of these dates are correct because there are several Edwards around that time. I don't know who his parents were either. Leah later married James Drover (from Bay Bulls Arm) in Whitbourne in 1903 and by that time she was a Rowe. Any information on Leah or Edward would be appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Taylor, Pike, Rowe
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:13 am 
Expert Member
Expert Member

I saw this on the introductions site and think there may be a connection and you can possibly help each other out.

Good Luck

karenfox Post subject: Researching Snook, Pike, Rockwood Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:05 am

Posts: 1 Hi, I'm new to the forum and looking for info on my mother's biological father.

She was born on Sept. 24, 1935. Her mother's married name was Blanch E. Snook married to Allan J. Snook. However, on her birth certificate, her name was Mildred Elizabeth Pike. I believe she was raised mostly by her grandfather who I am pretty sure was Arthur F. Rockwood. I sort of get the feeling she was born out of wedlock, so I assume that was a no-no back in those days. Does anyone out there know who her father might have been? She came from Sunnyside, Trinity Bay and she had many brothers and sisters - Henry, Nita, twins Don & Doug, Lilian and Betty Lou. Betty Lou was not the daughter of Allan Snook.

Thank you.

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...