Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...

Post subject: John Harris
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:23 pm 

In November 1832, John Harris married Mary Anne Adams at St Paul’s Anglican Church in Harbour Grace. I know Mary Anne was from Upper Island Cove but my knowledge of anything about John is minimal. Any information concerning John Harris’ origin and siblings would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: John Harris
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:31 pm 
Expert Member
Expert Member

Do you have any info on when he was born or how old he was when he died? Where he lived? etc. Anything that could help tracing him back. I.E. there is a John Harris born in 1799 at St. John's.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:26 am 

Sorry, no. The only thing I know is that his marriage record to Mary Anne states that he is 'a bachelor of Harbour Grace'. My online searches have not been too fruitful concerning John, that's why the inquiry - some descendant (he and Mary Anne had at least 8 offspring but only two males) may be able to share some info. Thanks.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:10 am 
Expert Member
Expert Member

Have you tried the following site?

http://ngb.chebucto.org/extlnk/lnkframe ... 53A1793777

There are Harris's in the New Melbourne and New Chelsea areas of Trinity Bay. I have Harris relatives in the New Melbourne area.

There is a John Harris listed in the Anglican Cathedral , St. John's in 1799. The minister would travel in those days and baptise children listing them upon his return to his home base church.
So you can look around this site i.e. Carbonear, Methodist has a lot of listing who later show up in the Anglican Church and Vice Versa. Are you familiar with the communities and where they are located? If not I can help you, just ask.

Good Luck
Len

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...