Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...

Post subject: Kelland Family, Chesley,Eli,Frederick,Lillian,Emily
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:10 am 

Hi all,
I am really hoping that someone can help here?

I am looking to trace my family to Grand Bank.

I have recently learned that Eli died just last month aged 85 in Grand Bank and his wife Rosetta in 2007, His Grandson Dennis Phillip tragically died in 2008 aged just 37.
My wife found this by accident through a search as I have been trying to trace my Grandfather Chesley who left Scotland around 1947-48? which would make hime around 87 if alive? I have only learned that he was from Grand Bank as my gran didn't share much information about him or his whereabouts, which is a shame. :cry:
My Mother and uncle without doubt would like to find him or his relatives.
Thanks in advance
stephen

Post subject: Re: Kelland Family, Chesley,Eli,Frederick,Lillian,Emily
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:50 pm 

Good to hear from you. My name is Gary Kelland and I am the son of Eli and nephew to your grandfather Chesley. Unfortunately I never met Uncle Ches ( or cutie as he was known in his childhood days). Uncle Ches (to my knowledge) never returned to Grand Bank after leaving for the war. He lived in central Canada and passed on in 1990/91. My parents ( particularly my mother-who passed away 3 years ago) had fairly regular contact with him and his family over the years. However my siblings and I ( unfortunately) have not had any contact with Uncle Ches's family over the years. Uncle Ches has one living sister ( Emily). She is 82-3 and in relatively good health and living here in the province of Newfoundland.

It is interesting coincidence that I have just recently been thinking about trying to find/connect with Uncle Chesley's Canadian family.

Sorry that my response is not more positive.

I am only to anxious to connect with you and help with your family reconnection efforts.

Be in touch

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...