Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...

Post subject: Thomas Gill m. Elizabeth Mary Angell, 5 July 1835 (Salisbry St Edmund, England)
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:16 am 

Referecing posts on the sites on the Topic Re: Angel Family of Petty Harbour & St. John's:

Looking for any info on Thomas Gill m. Elizabeth Mary Angell, 5 July 1835 (Salisbry St Edmund, England). Miss E.A. Angell was supposedly of Newfoundland and a record of the couples marriage (by licence) in Salisbury St Edmund, England. This would give the couple approx. birth dates of abt. 1810. Any info or clues appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Thomas Gill m. Elizabeth Mary Angell, 5 July 1835 (Salisbry St Edmund, England)
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:28 pm 
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Sarah, this past summer reorganized my Angel notes. Where did Edward Angell die?
Was it in New Zealand? Australia?

Post subject: Re: Thomas Gill m. Elizabeth Mary Angell, 5 July 1835 (Salisbry St Edmund, England)
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:33 am 

Hi Edward. If you're talking about my last newfoundland relative, Edward James Angel (or Angell) he died in Auckland, New Zealand on 22 Apr 1927. He's buried in Mangere Cemetery, Mangere, Auckland, New Zealand in the Robinson family plot. For the most part my line of the Angell family have lived (and died) in New Zealand, with the earliest of the family only moving to Australia since the the 1970's.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:08 pm 
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Hi Sarah:

In regards to Elizabeth Mary Angell, we have to look at the children of John Angell & Miss Whitten.
Edward Angel & Ann Watts Bidgood had a daughter Elizabeth, born abt 1790, but she married 1812 John Bunting.
Samuel John Angel & Jane Gerrard had a daughter Elizabeth, born abt 1805, but she married 1827 Laurence Finn.
That leaves 3 other possibilities for the father of Elizabeth Mary:
Richard Angel & Sarah Jane Phelan - we know they had at least 5 children & Elizabeth Mary's birth would fit into this family.
John Angel born 1769 & Unknown - Elizabeth Mary could certainly fit into this family. This family appears to have connections in England (re: the contested will).
Christopher Angel, married twice, no known children, but again, Elizabeth Mary could fit the second marriage to Ann Sparkes.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:17 am 
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Sarah, thank you for providing the information on Edward Angell's death.
I had the correct date and suspected he died at Auckland, but I wanted
to be sure.

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...