Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...

Post subject: Looking for information on the Davis family of Grand Falls, Nfld.
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:23 am 

Hi, my name is Rosemary Hakes Neff. I live in Fresno, California and am looking for any information on my grandparents, John Joseph Davis and Gertrude Davis who lived in Grand Falls, Newfoundland and had 11 children. I am trying to find my grandmother's maiden name and any information about her family and who my great grandparents were and who and where my cousins are. The 11 children were Imelda Davis Russell, Ferdinand Davis, Christine Davis Stroud, Carmell Davis aka Sister Regina Davis, Patricia Davis aka Sister Mary Leo, Monica Davis Hakes, Reginald Davis, Brendan Davis, Father James Davis, CSSR, Jack Davis and Mary Davis McLaughlan. Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Post subject: Re: Looking for information on the Davis family of Grand Falls, Nfld.
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:30 pm 

Hi Rosemary
Your grandmother's maiden name was Hatch. She was born in 1892 and became a teacher. She was from Red Head Cove, a small community at the tip of the Bay de Verde Peninsula. I have extensive information on her ancestors. You can contact me at bandbdoyle@eastlink.ca
Regards
Brendan

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...