Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...

Post subject: Nugnet family of Kelligrews
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:00 pm 

Iam Looking for a family from Kelligrews NFl.

the Nugent family. John Nugnet & Agnes Healey. Agnes was the daughter of Patrick Healey & Jane Dywer.

Agnes Healey & John ( Edward)? had at least four daughter that i know of, each ahving married here in Nova Scotia.

My great grandmother is listed as coming over on the ferry to sydney Ns, from port aux basques in oct 1909. she was aboard the Bruce. With her were the following people. A Mrs Thomas Dywer, , Mrs Agnes Nugent and a Barth Nugnet whom at the time was 11. sadly thats the only time he ever is mentioned anywhere.

My great grandmother was Veronica Agnes Nugent, she married my great grandfather Jacob Newton Shunamon in Halifax in 1912. She lived here all her days. She lived on Poplar street in Halifax, now where the scotia square is located.

she had the following 3 sisters;

Annie ( born 1878) married a Thomas Burgess ( 1876) Sept 10 1922. ( she was 44)

Margaret ( Born 1881) married a John Daniel Sayers (1882) Jun 19 1906

Helen ( 1885) Married a Charles H Havill (1881) aug 9 1922

there is also a brother that we believe to be missing, a man by the name of john or Edward as well. he would have been a brother to the above mentioned ladies. this son is so-pose to buried in the belveadre cememarty? all is really know of him, is that he too married in capre breton, and his father land was given to the church?

* now sometime between 1909 & 1927 John Edward Nugent must have died, becauce his wife is buried here in Nova scotia, which lead me to believe that veronica had taken care of her mother, since it was my great grandfather signitaure that signed her death cert. She is buried here in the place that i live. She was listed as a widow & died in 1927 after having lived in this country ( Canada) for 5 years.

if any of the nugents out there read this, can you please help. we've tried everything to find this family. thanks

Post subject: Re: Nugnet family of Kelligrews
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:14 pm 
Expert Member
Expert Member

This information may be of some assistance to you. Do your own due diligence, please.

Kelligrews RC Cemetery:

"Erected by their son Matthew Nugent in Loving Memory of his
father Edward Nugent :who died Sept.22.1924 :
Aged 79 yrs (Foxy Ned) (1845)
also his mother Agnes Nugent who died Mar.11.1927 :
Aged 82 yrs. (1845)".

James Dwyer and Mary Hawco were married on October 21, 1818. They had several children born at Holyrood, including:

John Dwyer, who married Elizabeth Daniels.
Patrick Dwyer, who married Honorah Power.
William Dwyer, who married Mary Hynes.
Bridget Dwyer, who married John Mackey.
Jane Dwyer, who married Patrick Healey.
Ann Dwyer, who married Walter Fewer.
Maggie Dwyer, who married George Hussey.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:22 am 

Although I have no specific information for you, I did come across this link last week that is a detailed family tree of Edward Nugent, Kelligrews, born before 1816. It spans 5 generations and John Nugent's are listed numerous times. Unfortunately, only a few of the John's had any other information attached such as spouses name or children, and the ones that do, don't seem to match your family. It is definitely a start though. If nothing else it makes you realize how large families become when there are 4 or more children in each and over that length of time. My family was in there and it allowed me to go back 2 more full generations. Good luck!

http://home.comcast.net/~dplopes1/en1.htm

Post Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:46 pm 

thank you so much. anything, no matter how small can or may always be of use. once agian, thanks!

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...