Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames

Post subject: Hynes family info
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:09 pm 

Hi,
I am looking for any information regarding the Hynes surname.My great, great grandfather Thomas Hynes was born in 1830 in Newfoundland possibly the Fogo area.He married Catherine Sullivan also born on or about 1830 ,died 1911, and she was from Harbour Main.My great grandfather was named John Thomas Hynes ,born Sept 8,1859 died 1946, from Harbour Grace married Anastasia Sargent ,born March18,1860-died March 18,1923 .My Grandfather was Edward Joseph or John Hynes, born May 22,1892 died 1966 from Fogo.
Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Nancy

Post subject: Re: Hynes family info
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:24 pm 

Hi Nancy, I have been research the Hynes Family aswell. My 3rd Great Grandfather's name was Thomas Hynes (1830 - 1908) although the Hynes in my family are from Burin and originally came from Ireland. I'm not sure or not if the Hynes from Burin and the Hynes from Fogo are related or not but there is a chance, But I can Confirm the Hynes last name is of Irish Origin. Its hard to be certain of Relatives as a fair amount of Irish Census' have been destroyed but some are still available. Sorry for not much information but if I find any other information about Fogo Hynes and Burin Hynes being related I will send it your way.

Post subject: Re: Hynes family info
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:04 pm 

Thank You Robert for this information! I would appreciate any info you may find!! I will also continue my search and let you know if I find ay interesting information!

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames