Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames

Post subject: Kirby Family of St. Johns
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:21 pm 

Hello,
I'm interested in finding out more about my mothers family, her parents were James Kirby <dec 1929> and Mary Fulong<dec 1946>. My mom, Elizabeth, had many siblings, the eldest being Denis, then Jane-or Gen- Kirby Power, Patrick J, John Patrick, Mary Bridget, James Joseph, Peter Joseph Nicholas <dec>, Eilzabeth Kirby Dalton<my mom, dec 1993>, and Mary Ellen Kirby O'Deady. The family lived on Clifford Street and then later 50 Stevens Street; Denis later lived at 490 Southside. When I was in SJ's last year there was no house number 490 on Southside so I'm not sure if any family is still there. Sadly Stevens Street seems to have disappeared.
I've been through phone records, census records... but they seem to stop in the 1940's.

If anyone has information they can share I and my siblings would be very grateful.We would really like to get in touch with living relatives if possible.
Kathleen Dalton

Post subject: Re: Kirby Family of St. Johns
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:20 pm 
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Not sure if I can help but would Denis Kirby have married a Gladys Jean Kearley (1902-1940) :

Denis & Gladys did have 3 children at least:
Barbara
Cecil Melvin b1931
Edward Denis b1937

Post subject: Re: Kirby Family of St. Johns
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:53 pm 

Hi Kathleen, I am a descendant of James' brother, Philip. My grandmother and your mother are first cousins. I know little about this family but would be happy to compare and share what I do have about yours and mine and I'd love to know more about your family. I did communicate with someone in your line a couple of months ago and I have a few random tidbits that may or may not be of use. Please feel free to get in touch by email natalie.e.park@gmail.com

Natalie (West) Park

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames