Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames

Post subject: Vernon Graham Cooper & Kathleen Feener
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:18 pm 

Hello all,
I am new here... and am doing some research for my daughters. I am looking for some or any information regarding Vernon Graham COOPER married to Kathleen FEENER (my daughters' grand-parents). Vernon Graham was born in 1926 (not sure where) and died in Oct 1986, Corner Brook. He was buried in Mt. Patricia RC Cemetery.

Vernon Graham & Kathleen had 4 daughters. I know they lived on Station Road in Corner Brook and apparently he was quite involved in the community.

I have not been able to get much information from my ex-wife (Susan) or her mother (Kathleen) as they are barely speaking to me and somehow they don't seem interested in giving my daughters very much information... :( So I am reaching out to great people like you...

From what I have gotten from my ex while we were married is that Vernon Graham and Kathleen lived in Halifax, NS (maybe this is where they got married?) and if my memory recalls, they had their first 3 daughters there, and Susan, the youngest was born in Corner Brook.

Kathleen was a school secretary for many years... After her retirement she eventuallly moved to North Bay, ON, where she still resides with her daughter Susan.

Any help would GREATLY be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Mario Domingue
son-in-law of Late Vernon Graham Cooper

Post subject: Re: Vernon Graham Cooper & Kathleen Feener
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:23 pm 

Sorry - looks like our Cooper families are separate. I have a Vernon M. Cooper uncle - but cannot find yous.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:39 pm 

Thanks Karen for taking the time to reply...

I'll just keep on waiting for something to develop... :S

Post Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:37 am 

Hi,

Looking at the listing, have you tried the Nova Scotia Vital Statistics page? you may be able to track some information that way, and of course the 1911 Census of Canada may show them living in Halifax which will then give approx birth dates and places of birth. As there was much traveling back then between NS and NFLD there is a good chance there is also passenger records out there.

Good luck i know this is tough as i have been searching quite a while for my paternal family the Dominique's.

Peggy

Post Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:51 am 

Hi Peggy,

Could you tell me where I could find the Nova Scotia Vital Statistics page?

As for the 1911 Census, it won't do me any good... Vernon Graham was born in 1926 and Kathleen in 1929... but thanks for the suggestion.

I did not realize there would have been passenger records for people traveling between NS and NFLD... this might be worth checking into... Thanks

In regards to your own research, I have seen many records for Dominique family members in Montreal, QC... I came across some of them as my family last name was often misspelled...

Thanks again for all your suggestions

Mario Domingue

Post Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:58 am 

There is a cooper family in the 1935 census in corner brook with a son Vernon Graham age 8yrs. This could be the Vernon you are looking for. Can be found on this site
1935 Census
Corner Brook
Reel 8051
Pages 212 - 252

Good Luck
Bill M.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:31 pm 

Hiya,

the link is https://www.novascotiagenealogy.com/

you can search ancestry.ca for passenger records.

Good Luck

Peggy

Post Posted: Sun May 02, 2010 2:29 am 

First I would like to thank everyone of you who took the time to reply to my request.

Scrogg, you are the one who "unblocked" part of the mystery.

That 1935 Census was in fact the Vernon Graham Cooper I was looking for. However his father is not listed, I suspect he was already deceased. His father's name is Malcolm Cooper.

There is one more sister to Graham who was not listed on that particular census... Ethel Louise, b. abt 1911 & d. 1998. She was already married to Ambrose Simmons by that time.

Now I would like to find out the parents of Malcolm Cooper and his wife Lucy ???

Thanks again for all your help

Sincerely,

Mario Domingue
son-in-law of the late Vernon Graham Cooper

Post Posted: Sun May 02, 2010 11:36 pm 

Check Parish Records for Greens Harbour, Trinity Bay on this site. I think you will find more Imformation on the Coopers you are looking. Vernon Graham birth is there but he called elsmore Graham in the records??? But the time frame is right and his parents are Malcolm and Lucy. Malcolms death and cause is also in these records.

Good Luck
Bill

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames