Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames

Post subject: POOLE FAMILY TREE
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:01 pm 

I am looking for any info regarding the Poole family from Belloram and/or Corbin in Fortune Bay, Newfoundland. I am working on a family tree and would appreciate any information that may help me. My mother was a Poole, born in Corbin and later moved with her parents to Belloram. I have some relatives but not many. My father I have back to 1715 and would like to trace my mother's side as far back as possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Roz Davis

Post subject: Re: POOLE FAMILY TREE
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:26 pm 

Hi Roz,
Shoot me an email at << e-mail address removed >>. My brother is married to a Poole from Belleoram, and he can provide some information on that side of the family.
Good luck, David

Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please do not post your e-mail address in the open forum

Post Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:48 pm 

Hi
I have a Tressa or Theresa Pool(e). B abt. 1883 married Philip Penny(sp?). They had a daughter Jannet in Newfoundland before leaveing around 1906.
I know the spelling is off but you never know. I can't seem to find them anywhere in Newfoundland.

Regards
Alice

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:30 pm 

Hi David,
Your email address had been removed from your reply but I am anxious to hear about your brother who is married to a Poole from Belleoram. I am not sure how to get in touch with you but I will try giving you my email address and see if they remove it or not. It is roz.ron@att.net. Please pass it on to your brother if you get it. Thanks so much for your reply. I hadn't heard anything until today thus the reason for the delay. I had about given up on hearing from anyone. Hope this works, Roz Davis

Post Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:07 am 

Hi Roz,
I have just registered with the site although I have been on the site for years. Sorry for not responding years ago. I have only recently researched the Pooles of Belleoram. My wife's Dad Albert Poole was born there in 1920. Our Poole tree only goes back to the mid 1800's in Lang de Cerf with Charles and Charlotte Poole - baptisms Sept. 14, 1860 of George, Mary Ann, Aaron and Jane. George born 1858 married Eliza Pope on Nov. 20, 1883. Aaron born 1853 married Ann Pope on Oct, 14, 1880. William born 1862 married Mary Ann Buffett Dec. 6, 1887.
Our branch is Aaron Poole and Ann Pope from Stones Cove - children Charles (1886), Albert William (1883) and Emma (1886). Albert William married Margaret Keeping from Rencontre East - parents of Albert and grandparents of my wife Margaret.
There was also a John Poole in the 1921 census born 1843 in Lang de Cerf and married to Charlotte with son Samuel born in 1894 in Corbin. Was John the brother of Charles or son of Charles? Hope to hear from you after all these years, especially about your Poole records back to 1715.
Best regards, Ed Hartigan and Penny Hartigan (nee Poole)

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames