Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames

Post subject: CORBIN,Argentia,Burin,Placentia,area.
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:35 pm 

CORBIN family from all Burin Peninsula,town of Corbin on Burin,Argentia in 1770s,then Placentia and Point Verde.
Do note that this is the same family as some of the Nova Scotia Corbins.
In the 1770s,brothers John and Daniel Corbin were listed in Argentia. Daniel later moved to NS,presumably to be near other family members.
We know Daniel was married to Sarah,and there is a young Sarah Corbin,age 27,buried in the Argentia section at Freshwater Cemetery,dying in 1787. Perhaps,if this is his wife,Daniel moved to NS after she died,perhaps for family help raising his young son.
### I am especially interested in knowing the name and family of the lady who married JOHN CORBIN about 1778,as their son John Corbin Jr. was born in 1778. When John Corbin Sr. died in the early 1790s,his widow MARY (....) CORBIN married my ancestor,my GGG-GF,JOHN GREEN of Point Verde,Placentia. Young John Corbin Jr. was then raised by the John Green family.
All descendants of John Corbin Jr. share the same female ancestor with all the Point Verde Greenes since 1790.
The headstone for John Corbin Sr. in the Argentia cemetery(now at Freshwater) says it was erected by Philip Power. Does anyone know why?
Thanks.Ward.

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames