Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames

Post subject: Brien / O’Brien / Conway / Jackman
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:36 am 

Looking for information on the Brien / O’Brien / Conway / Jackman families from Cape Broyle, Bay Bulls, Ferryland, Aquaforte, Fermeuse, and Renews in the mid-1700s to late-1800s which is when the Briens moved to Rhode Island.

I’m trying to confirm the following:
— Michael Brien (b. 1745) married Catharine Morgan (b. 1745) and they moved from Wexford Ireland to Cape Broyle. Their son Michael (b. 1778) married Mary Turner (b. 1778 in Gloucestershire England) and they moved to Bay Bulls. Their son Michael (b. 1808) married Catherine “Kate” Redden? (b. 1819 in Kilkenny Ireland) and they moved to Fermeuse. Their son Michael (b. 1847) married Emma Conway (b. 1859) and they moved to Rhode Island; these are my 2nd great grandparents.
— William Conway (b. 1805) married Mary Neill (b. 1794 in Fermeuse). Their son, Anthony Conway (b. 1833) married Anne Jackman (b. 1837 in Fermeuse — twin of Johannah Jackman who married Edward Johnson?). Their daughter was Emma Conway (b. 1859) who married Michael Brien (b. 1847).

Does anyone have any information about these people?
1. Trying to confirm that what I have is correct about the Briens (and see if anyone has any further information on that line);
2. Also attempting to link Anne and Johannah Jackman and determine who Anne’s parents were;
3. Looking for more information about William Conway and Mary Neill (parents and siblings);
4. Need to confirm Kate’s last name (possibly Redden) and identify her parents and siblings.

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames