Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames

Post subject: Richard Greenslade - Long Pond Harbour Main South
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:28 pm 

Hi all,

I'm hoping that someone has some information they can share with me. I am looking for some missing Newfoundland ancestors.

I have the Greenslade ancestry for my father, grandfather but not completely for my great grandfather. Parent (dad was George 1931-2002) & grandfather (also George 1901-1971) & great grandfather (Richard 1856-1928) were located in Long Pond Harbour Main.

I'm looking for any information on Richard Greenslade before the Newfoundland 1921 census and his parents and siblings etc.

I have found a Richard Greenslade from 1898 on the McAlpine's Newfoundland directory.

No birth records or baptism records for Richard Greenslade for Newfoundland although when completing census information it says that he was born in Long Pond.

No idea who his parents were or where they came from. I've search all the ancestry.com records for Newfoundland, England and Wales but it's just a guess to who his parents would be.

No idea if Richard Greenslade had siblings.

Hoping that someone has Richard Greenslade in their family tree and can help with filling in my missing ancestors.

Richard Greenslade from Long Pond is on the 1921 census. Richard Greenslade, Mary Ann Greenslade and their 3 youngest children Samuel, Walter and George.

Richard's wife Mary Ann's maiden name was Bishop.

I've been trying to find this family connection for quite some time and hope that someone can help.

Thank you in advance.
Bonnie Carter

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames